what size spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
got some 315/85R16's that i'm putting on my rig on stock lx470 wheels.

I obviously need some spacers to keep them off of the upper control arms.

Is 1.25 enough or would 1.50 be better??

i'll deal with the pinch weld and any other rubs after i have figured the spacers out

Ok so after re reading the 100 threads on the topic it looks like there is only 1.25 for the front is this correct??

Or does Bora make a front spacer in their 1.5" hub

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they have made them. Are they currently in stock any where online, probably not. Maybe you can custom oeder.

I was just looking at the Bora spacers on Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech and I noticed the website did not differentiate between front and rear.

Spooked me, so I backed out!

Did I miss something on the website?

Don't ask me how I know this... the fronts can be mounted on the rear, but the rears cannot be mounted on the front. So, conceivably, they made them all capable of mounting to the front, and all 4 would be identical.

Don't ask me how I know this... the fronts can be mounted on the rear, but the rears cannot be mounted on the front. So, conceivably, they made them all capable of mounting to the front, and all 4 would be identical.
My rears are different than my fronts.

The fronts need cutouts for the bolts on the hub. I'll have a set of 1.25 Boras up for sale soon, they have less than 300 miles on them.

I just received a set of Bora 1" spacers that are still in the box as I'm not quite ready to install them with my RW's. I just unpacked them and discovered that two have a flange that is continuous around the perimeter of the hub and two have cutouts spaced around the flange. Obviously there is a front and rear! Didn't know that. Nick

The fronts are Cruiser-specific. Rears are the same as Tundras and won't go on the front. 1.5" spacers with 315s is probably too much, you might be taking a chance of contacting your fender lip at the suspension limits. Bora 1.25" spacers are what you need.

Also, make sure that the spacer is contacting the front hub squarely before you bolt it down. The cutouts are keyed to go a certain orientation, and if you don't put it on that be way, you'll break the centric ring (that was a $75 lesson for me, had to replace one)

Test fit it first. You might sneak by with a 10mm spacer. 305's work without spacing so could be close. Section width only increases .4 inches from a 305.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom