what seats can I put in my Landcruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What seats would fit my Landcruiser 80s for front seats like would any from ankther truck fit ? Does anyone know

Recaro seat on a Wedge 80 series bracket. Seat buckle attaches to the seat bracket.

IMG_20160324_184834.jpg

The better question to ask is which aftermarket seat is the most comfortable for both long road trips and wheeling.

What dealer did you purchase the Recaro seats from. Thanks.
Corbeau sells an 80 specific bracket for their wide range of aftermarket seats.

Wedge Engineering makes an 80 series sest bracket for use with Recaros. That's what I went with.

I put 2008 Toyota Matrix seats in mine. Required cutting feet off the old seats and welding them to the new seats. They are a bit taller but im 5' 9" and still have plenty of room. But they are the most comfortable seats Ive ever sat in

Here in Oz there's a couple of places that do 4wd seating. The most commonly mentioned one is Stratos. Their 3000 series seats are supposed to be very good, and Stratos makes approved (ADR approved for Australia) base kits to mount them in 80's.

Not cheap though - somewhere around A$1k+ per seat. Some people go for Recaro's. Some people put Ford XR6 (dunno if there's an export model of that in the US) seats in.

It's hard to get racing-style seats approved for registration here because they're meant to be used with racing harness seatbelts not std retractables.

Craig.

4 Runner Seats?

image.jpeg

Saw this in a local ad this week, but not sure of make, but they look very comfortable.

Those look like BMW prob M3 sport seats, someone here has those but dunno if he had to make any modifications to install...

@Yotatron I thought they were C4 Vette Seats at first but now I'm not sure.

Calling @2fpower as he's done at least a set of Boxster seats. Can confirm, they are comfortable
like this?
let's see some more pics of other seats
i'm also looking for an alternative. comfortable, especially for shorter people, and lighter are what i'm looking for.
s-l1600.jpg

I can vouch for the WRX seats. Went from Topeka to Colorado Springs in about 8.5 hours and had zero back pain or leg fatigue. Same thing on the way back. The extra room from the manual sliders was a huge plus for me at 6'2'' and was nice in camp because you can slide the seat all the way forward, then bend it forward in the middle so that the passenger side touches the front dash and the DS touches the steering wheel.
img_1762-jpg.1043912

View attachment 1230600
Saw this in a local ad this week, but not sure of make, but they look very comfortable.

Those are definitely Recaros based on the power seat controls on the seat bolsters. They look like vintage Classic C's or something in that family.

The Recaros I posted above are new old stock from the same era, but the all-manual version of the powered Classic C's. If you compare both pictuees you'll notice the design is pretty much the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom