What roof rack are you using? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I gotta order a safari rack, but can't seem to figure out the best solution. Any recommendations? Most of the units I've seen online look small. No small racks for me, I like 'em big. Thanks.
John

I love our ARB rack, although I had to really search to figure out good mounting options for our stuff. AO roof racks are pretty cool too.

image-1305029928.jpg

-Daniel
image-1305029928.jpg

Thanks, Daniel. I'm leaning toward the ARB...their stuff is always great. Thats a great lookin' rig you have!

Thanks, Daniel. I'm leaning toward the ARB...their stuff is always great. Thats a great lookin' rig you have!

Thx! Keep us posted.

-Daniel

My brother has a pretty nice setup. He used 100 series TLC mounts on the GX with a Moab (I think, will confirm) out in Seattle. If I can find the pic he sent me I will post it up.

I just bought a Bajarack. Mounting is nice and its a great size and quality.

I'm using a Rota rack on my GX. Took it right off my FJ80, since it wouldn't fit into any parking garages but the GX does just fine and has plenty of clearance (except for a few downtown lots here and there, lol).

picture.php

picture.php

I'm using a Rota rack on my GX. Took it right off my FJ80, since it wouldn't fit into any parking garages but the GX does just fine and has plenty of clearance (except for a few downtown lots here and there, lol).

If I may interject with a question. One where did you get the rack and also where did you get that front guard!? It's so cool. Very neat and functional.

I've been really happy with my Baja Rack.

So I called baja and they say that they don't have a specific application for the gx470. Which one did you get? Is it a direct fit? Any modifications for fitment?

I have a heavily modified Baja rack. I used a FJ cruiser utility rack. I had to weld in new mounting points. I used 200 series LC feet from Baja rack to mount it to the roof. The front of the rack sticks out over the sunroof mostly unsupported. I welded a new cage under the front to help support it an it worked great. also the utility rack is low to the roof of the truck so I still fit in garages :) my truck is roughly 6'7"

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com

I've got the first of their racks for the GX470. The old-style installation rails required drilling 6 holes in the roof, and I wasn't a fan...they have since redesigned their mounting to use ONLY the factory mounting points. The new brackets should be in the US in January (and in my hands and installed shortly thereafter)

Pics will happen as soon as the new mounts are here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom