What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (108 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So in looking at this fuel separator evaporator 77193-60011, isn’t it essentially a big T?
Could you not make it from 3 brass T’s and some fuel rated tubing? OR… does the shape of the tubes create some kind of volumetric change in pressures and it really does have a physical effect on things?

AND…. With the specific mounting holes, does this actually fit somewhere? Mine was just laying under the tank fill hose interior cover
View attachment 3607553
If you referring to where this mounts to inside the vehicle there are 3 bolts that screw into the filler neck cover I will include a picture for reference.
IMG_5238.jpeg
IMG_5239.png

@DylanH239 that is exactly what I needed..thank you

@DylanH239 that is exactly what I needed..thank you
No problem glad I could help! I would imagine if you use a metal tee instead it would work fine I don’t have any experience with doing so however. Essentially this is how it should look then I bolt the canister to the cover plate and then the cover plate to the vehicle.

IMG_5240.png

I put in my rear view mirrors. Started out as an aftermarket parts project, then reading old threads and checking with Toyota, I never knew how affordable they are, I should have done this decades ago. Honestly, the factory hardware isn’t that impressive so I replaced it. I also chose not to use the windshield frame mounting screws. Those have been in there since the day the truck came off the assembly line and I’m not messing with them if I don’t absolutely have to. I used the Doyle 8mm rivnuts instead. Also used some rubber washers to seal against the body and shim the brackets because the rivnuts install about 2mm proud.

IMG_7662.png

IMG_8429.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg

IMG_8480.jpeg

IMG_8481.jpeg

Imagine the frustration of enjoying a drive with the windshield down and suddenly the sunvisors start opening…. the first world problems we have to deal with. I fabricated a pair of straps to hold them in place. I repurposed some MOLLE webbing & buckles from an old USMC flak vest, sewed them up, and screwed on couple of stainless steel footman loops.

IMG_8544.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8547.jpeg

IMG_7690.jpeg

IMG_7691.jpeg

Imagine the frustration of enjoying a drive with the windshield down and suddenly the sunvisors start opening…. the first world problems we have to deal with. I fabricated a pair of straps to hold them in place. I repurposed some MOLLE webbing & buckles from an old USMC flak vest, sewed them up, and screwed on couple of stainless steel footman loops.

View attachment 3608992

View attachment 3608993

View attachment 3608994

View attachment 3608996

View attachment 3608997
Tactical solution.

So in looking at this fuel separator evaporator 77193-60011, isn’t it essentially a big T?
Could you not make it from 3 brass T’s and some fuel rated tubing? OR… does the shape of the tubes create some kind of volumetric change in pressures and it really does have a physical effect on things?

AND…. With the specific mounting holes, does this actually fit somewhere? Mine was just laying under the tank fill hose interior cover
View attachment 3607553
Mine broke exactly like that. I tried to glue it but the tension from the fuel lines was too much for the plastic. I ended up replacing the tube with this:
ICT Billet Quick Connect https://a.co/d/2br6zkA from Amazon. It filled the hole and epoxied in place.

Worked on fixing the vent windows on both of our early-style front doors on our 1970 40 series. The little metal stoppers that keep the vent window from opening too far weren't put in when I assembled the doors a couple of years ago. That was a very dumb mistake on my part because the doors are so much easier to work on when they are apart and laying on a flat surface. Anyway, the challenge was to try and insert the metal stoppers and nylon washers without removing the doors or totally separating the top half from the bottom. (I didn't want to remove the weatherstripping) After removing the vent windows, I was able to raise the top frame enough to expose the inside bracket for the vent window and carefully insert the stopper and nylon washer. Then reposition the vent window so that the stud indexed with the stopper. Then re-assembled everything. The first go-around the vent window didn't open very far before hitting the stop. So I took everything back apart and flipped the stopper. Now the vent windows fully open before hitting the stops. (I'm not sure if this is correct but they seemed to work okay) I also tightened the retaining nuts to put more pressure on the springs so hopefully the vent windows will stay in position at highway speeds. Also, applied some Bob Smith Maxi-Cure to hold the bottom of the weatherstripping in place. Finishing touch was installing a pair of City Racer hole covers.

04.20.2024.Vent Window.1.jpg

Driver's side fully open

04.20.2024.Vent Window.2.jpg

Passenger side fully open

04.20.2024.Vent Window.8.jpg

04.20.2024.Bob Smith Maxi-Cure.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom