What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Continued

undo 12mm nut.jpg

sissor jack.jpg

if pin turns use punch to stop it turning when using wrench.jpg

use jacks to align.jpg

Not much....Drove it to work a few days, to the park, to the grocery store, to the High School and the ball field. I also eased the seat back with today's late afternoon sun and watched my son on the High School Baseball Field.

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

It's nice having reclining seats. I almost caught a few "Z,Z,z,z,z,z's" as the sun was heating my 40 and I was all kicked-back.

Started tearing the engine down to pull it out. Also I discovered a tiny hole in the side of my oil pan, is that supposed to be there?

Started tearing the engine down to pull it out. Also I discovered a tiny hole in the side of my oil pan, is that supposed to be there?

Oil pan holes come in three shapes: punched in from being hit by something, punched out from internal havoc, and neutral, from rust scaling. Of course #3 often leads to #2.:eek:

Not much....Drove it to work a few days, to the park, to the grocery store, to the High School and the ball field. I also eased the seat back with today's late afternoon sun and watched my son on the High School Baseball Field.

View attachment 1204344
View attachment 1204345
View attachment 1204346

It's nice having reclining seats. I almost caught a few "Z,Z,z,z,z,z's" as the sun was heating my 40 and I was all kicked-back.

How far back can your seat recline? Mine can only go back a little before it hits my b pillar on the cage.

Bee-reminds me of driving in Buffalo, NY after a blizzard!! Cool pic-what year is the BJ40??

Pulled the emission computer and re soldered broken joints. The rig would shut off at times when not accelerating or stumble during acceleration. I would reach under the dash and wiggle the electrical connection and it would smooth out. This would only occur randomly and unable to duplicate.
The cold solder joints appeared to be cracked and required a magnify lens to see the compromised solder joints. Once done, the rig has a very smooth idle. If you fellas are running a smogged rig with a e-computr, pull apart and check your solder connections. You'll be glad you did!

Oil pan holes come in three shapes: punched in from being hit by something, punched out from internal havoc, and neutral, from rust scaling. Of course #3 often leads to #2.:eek:

It almost looks like a tiny round drilled hole. No denting or anything to the pan, it's about half way up the drivers side of the sump. No eternal rust, so if it's rusty on the inside.

How far back can your seat recline? Mine can only go back a little before it hits my b pillar on the cage.
Kreutz - They go back quite a bit. Maybe these photos will show a little better.

Driving position:
IMG_3604.jpg

Laid back position:
IMG_3605.jpg
IMG_3606.jpg
IMG_3607.jpg

Vent window gaskets and buttons, hard top weatherstripping, windshield hinges and gaskets, new seat belts, painted the knobs so I know what I'm turning on. New bumper extenders, gussets, ,bumper, fairlead and winch. Windshield hold downs, hood spear billet, rear hatch linkage, handle and gaskets. Waiting on a headliner to show. Gonna order door pulls from MarksOFFRoad Monday. Now I need a rear view that fits my bolt hole pattern, fix some wiring issues and then hope it is done for a while. What a week in the garage!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom