What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut the rust out of the inner fender wells to get ready for patch panels and tore all of the rotten upholstery off the seat's.I think I'll do them in some shade of brown or tan Sunbrella canvas so they are more comfortable in the summer. I'm not a fan of sitting on Vinyl seats in the desert without A/C.
Discovered that the clutch master blew it's seals and is leaking allover my drivers side rust hole.
Also I am ready to pull the engine this weekend.

Busy times.

Last edited:
Prepping for winch install. Added dual battery tray, Optima Yelow top battery, and Blue Sea ML-ACR.
IMG_1928.JPG

Prepping for winch install. Added dual battery tray, Optima Yelow top battery, and Blue Sea ML-ACR.
View attachment 1207420

Whose tray are you using? I've been hanging on to an old Conferr tray for YEARS now intending to do this, but never got around to it. I'd like to know what other option(s) are out there.

Making good progress with my 40 restoration, the engine work is finished, and the engine ready to be picked up. Wasn't as bad as first thought - the low compression was caused by the oil rings being gummed up. So, we have replaced the main bearings, cylinder hone and new rings, new water pump, oil pump rebuilt, new engine paint, etc, etc (looks very pretty now) Just ordered a double crankshaft pulley so I can have power steering. The chassis is repaired and currently at the sand blasters and ready to be galvanised next week
20160127_120726.jpg

image.jpeg
After doing hardly anything besides general maintanance and bringing it back to stock for the last 12 years, I finally splurged on the purchase I've been wanting to do since day one. No more saggy ass!

I was late with the pictures and had already installed the front springs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ended up with a 3" gain in the back end and about 2 in the front. The stance is way better. OME 2.5 springs. To save a few bucks I used the stock shackles and the old shocks I had on it for now. Will do bilstein 5100's eventually along with some 33's.

Replaced brittle wiring harness plugs..with some used ones form Specter.....Hooked up throttle cable for my Troll hole carb. Tried to install my charcoal canister and failed.....but tomorrow is another day.

Waiting for new new water pump and bolts..

Sanded on the body, Welded up some screw holes drilled by PO, Sat on my roll around and just stared at the body visualizing the work ahead.

made a second floor roll bar rack

Mike

You should check out the wood deck I built for the '68. Front to back. Five compartments.

Opened it up like a can of Smoked Oysters!
IMG_3638.jpg

Cleaned and prep'ed the gutters to get some new paint, a new gasket and some Dicor in the rain gutter.....Will also be removing the sides to clean up some rusty spots at the rear doors and will install new gaskets for those as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom