What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heard a loud pop yesterday while turning. Also might have flown through some speed bumps beforehand.
IMG_4486.jpeg

Didn’t spend enough time figuring out whether or not the nut broke off or backed itself out. Anyway, great excuse to get those extended end links I always wanted.

Also picked up one of those NAPA compressors the other day. Looks like they’re finally available again.

Had a blast offroading at the 70 Series meetup today, unfortunately a water crossing blew my radiator and fan shroud, and the alternator also seems to have gone bad.

Thanks to incredible support from the community, the new radiator is installed and running, and I'll work to get an alternator tomorrow. Gotta make the 500 mile drive from TN back to DC on Sunday...

1000008404.jpg

1000008416.jpg

1000008427.jpg

1000008432.jpg

My 10th Moab Trip. We keep the 100 in Denver so we have quicker access to Moab / Colorado flying in from Missouri. Pulled her out of her Denver home after 3.5 months of sitting there. We usually go every other month so 3.5 months made me feel bad to leave her sitting!

Did Tower Arch (twice), Gemini, Shafer, Hidden Valley Overlook, Sego Canyon, Fins and Hells. A good mix of trails. We also snuck in a day trip to Salt Lake to visit the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum. We will do more of an overlanding trip the next time on White Rim, etc over the winter. My brother brought his locked LX out. Used to be mine but I sold it to him a few months ago. Not gonna lie, I was jealous of his lockers on Fins and Hells! The 100 did fine with CDL and A-TRAC though. Just takes a bit more effort and tire burning. Ha.

71660686617__1CAFA1FB-C68D-45B9-8983-8DFAD09168F6.jpeg

IMG_2454.jpeg
IMG_5590.jpeg
IMG_5595.jpeg

Last edited:
New rear brake lines, then polished it up for the Southern Cruiser Crawl.

1695516801458.png

1695516848944.png

1695516740891.png

Working on the @TRAIL TAILOR front bumper install but my neighbor complain about the noise of the reciprocating saw, I had to go to an office park to finish up the cuts. I sprayed the bottom valance black to help blend it in. Hopefully I can it mounted tomorrow.
IMG_1342.jpeg
IMG_1343.jpeg

I've done all the reconditioning and adjustment - I still get random ride height/quality variations and at the end of the day I just don't want that level of complication in the suspension. Planning a trip to big bend - way too remote to worry about a busted height sensor. Also the LX serves as a hurricane bug out vehicle if needed - again don't want that level of complication under those scenarios. I understand it works for most. I am going with Eibach and new LC torsion bars so hopefully I won't be losing much ride comfort.

you probably already know this, AHC is always adjusting to be level so sometimes it will adjust when at stop lights - this is normal operating procedure.

Installed OEM suspension and OME 2866 springs on my rig this week. Legit best bang for your buck, the original 200k bushing were completely flat. Gained about 1 1/2 inches. I didn't believe everyone about the rear top nut... ended up angle grinding a spot out of the fender wall.

In addition to blowing my alternator and radiator, my fan shroud was also cracked after going through a 4ft mud puddle. Ended up fixing it by heating up a flathead screwdriver with a blowtorch, punching holes in the plastic with the hot screwdriver, and then reattaching the cracked ends with zip ties through the newly created holes.

1000008502.jpg

1000008426.jpg

1000008427.jpg

Replaced the DS seat foam and leather (1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Front Seat Bottom Upholstery Cover (Factory Colors: Toyota Medium Grey Driver side bottom) - https://hotrodupholstery.com/products/ols/products/toyota-land-cruiser-drivers-seat-bottom-1998-2004-genuine-leather-oe/v/TYT-LND-CRS-DRV-TYT-MDM4), great fit and finish! Upon removal, it became clear that someone had attempted this (poorly) prior to my ownership replete with zip ties and loose hog rings. Color is a bit lighter than the more aged components, but will darken up with exposure to sweat, coffee, dirt etc.

Old.jpg
New.jpg

Swapped over to a quadlock phone mount and charger w/ vibration dampener, seems to work well from a few preliminary drives. We'll see how it holds up on dirt and washboards. Swapped in new LED bulbs for the burnt out seat heater switches and PWR/2nd. Couldn't quite get the antenna switch and CDL lights to work with LEDs, I'll keep messing with them.

Is the picture distorted or is the center of the front bumper also bent pretty badly? Is that from the same incident or a different hit? Sorry to see this.
That’s old. I bend the ironman a little bit more every time I take it off road.

Replaced the power steering reservoir and flushed with almost 4 quarts of Toyota ATF. My PS steering was screaming bloody murder before the flush, it is now nice and quiet again!
20230925_102905.jpg

Replaced the DS seat foam and leather (1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Front Seat Bottom Upholstery Cover (Factory Colors: Toyota Medium Grey Driver side bottom) - https://hotrodupholstery.com/products/ols/products/toyota-land-cruiser-drivers-seat-bottom-1998-2004-genuine-leather-oe/v/TYT-LND-CRS-DRV-TYT-MDM4), great fit and finish! Upon removal, it became clear that someone had attempted this (poorly) prior to my ownership replete with zip ties and loose hog rings. Color is a bit lighter than the more aged components, but will darken up with exposure to sweat, coffee, dirt etc.

View attachment 3440053View attachment 3440054

Swapped over to a quadlock phone mount and charger w/ vibration dampener, seems to work well from a few preliminary drives. We'll see how it holds up on dirt and washboards. Swapped in new LED bulbs for the burnt out seat heater switches and PWR/2nd. Couldn't quite get the antenna switch and CDL lights to work with LEDs, I'll keep messing with them.
thanks for the link !

@cruiserpatch Do tell. How'd you flop it? Glad you're ok!
I was following @ga12r1 which can really only end one way 😂

Nah I just tried to make it up and rock, failed and flopped when I tried to reverse out of there. Lee came all the way back down the trail and rescued me/my truck. It was a really good recovery actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom