What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started updating the interior....who needs cig lighters anymore :smokin:

And finally got the center caps dipped and installed. :clap:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After couple days of loosing air and watching it go down after air up and continue to loose I finally found the "POS defect" on my brand new grappler G2 with less than 5k miles. A 1/4 size bolt went through it!
Now gotta go get it patched! Sucks!
image.jpeg

A good patch will last as long at the tire. Don't sweat it.

Decided to take the hideous clear bra/ paint protection film off the front of my rig..... Mirrors turned out fantastic!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
WTF!?!?!?
image.jpeg
FML!!!!!!!!
image.jpeg
What the hell do I do now?!?!?!? I would not recommend doing this yourself. Let a shop take the stuff off.

Decided to take the hideous clear bra/ paint protection film off the front of my rig..... Mirrors turned out fantastic!View attachment 1325615 View attachment 1325616 WTF!?!?!?View attachment 1325618 FML!!!!!!!!View attachment 1325619 What the hell do I do now?!?!?!? I would not recommend doing this yourself. Let a shop take the stuff off.
This shows me that that clear bra expired long time ago and should have been replaced, instead it baked into the paint. Did you use heat when removing? Honestly man, your looking at a respray....

Also as you can tell, the paint that wasn't under the bra looks extremely contaminated compared to what was "protected". A clay bar and a quick polish should take care of that.

Decided to take the hideous clear bra/ paint protection film off the front of my rig..... Mirrors turned out fantastic!View attachment 1325615 View attachment 1325616 WTF!?!?!?View attachment 1325618 FML!!!!!!!!View attachment 1325619 What the hell do I do now?!?!?!? I would not recommend doing this yourself. Let a shop take the stuff off.

Wow that reminds me of the old saying, "it's best to quit when you are behind"...

Seriously dude, I just removed mine using a heat gun, plastic razor blades and adhesive remover.

Finished painting my side moldings to match the rest of the truck.

@taco47001 you can paint the hood yourself and save a lot of money. Just need to put a little time in. And if it looks like crap at the end of the day, then take it to a professional!

3 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint, 3 coats of clear, a little wet sanding with some 1500 grit and polishing to finish it off

Before ...

After ...

I left it in place - figured it was easier that way.

Also color matched the grill a week or so ago. Same method except I did remove it. Only 3 screws

Last edited:
dude, that paint job on the trim looks professional. nice job. I need to do that myself. please detail what you did to get those results!

Man that looks great! Rattle can or do you have an actual sprayer and booth that you used?

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback.

Did it all with a rattle can, no booth. Used supplies from www.automotivetouchup.com (no affiliation)
They do a great job color matching using your paint door code. Takes a couple weeks to get to you as its all mixed per order.

1. Scuffed with 600 grit
2. 2-3 coats of adhesion promotor (10-15 mins between coats)
3. 4 coats of paint (10 mins between coats)
4. 3 coats of clear (10 mins between coats)
5. Left to dry over night
6. Lightly wet-sand with 1500 grit
7. Polished using an orbital and some good quality polish like Meguiar's compound

Total cost around $50-$60

1 banana job!

Finished painting my side moldings to match the rest of the truck.

@taco47001 you can paint the hood yourself and save a lot of money. Just need to put a little time in. And if it looks like crap at the end of the day, then take it to a professional!

3 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint, 3 coats of clear, a little wet sanding with some 1500 grit and polishing to finish it off

Before ...

After ...

DAMN! You just cost me $25...... at AutomotiveTouchup. :)

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom