What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great weekend!!!

Went to Mudrak to pickup my beloved 100. After spending some time there Gary did some amazing work which includes:
- Removal of AHC system to install OME
- Install new torsion bar
- Install diff drop
- Install front upper arm
- Install rear ARB locker
- Install compressor
- Maintenance work which includes wheel bearings and brake rotors

Come out a happy man! Much more composed ride, a bit rougher but very controlled and stable.

Will go back for more!

It had to come down. Steering was actually dangerously light. Brought it down a half and it drives so much better.

Up next is timing belt and new headers.

I am new to the 100 Series forum, I have a FJZ also. Took my 2002 UZJ100 to Aspen Sound here in Boise and had them replace the Tweeters and Woofers in the front doors, they were originals and the Drivers side were blown. Sounds much better now. Let the Upgrades begin.

Big weekend for 100 maintance. Had it detailed, inside and out. Finally found a grease gun fitting that fit in the front diff side ujoint of the front driveshaft that allowed me to lube all zerks. Conditioned the sunroof gasket in hopes of prolonging its life and minimizing leaks. Installed missing anti rattle springs on front discs so no longer sounds like a POS rattling over little bumps.

Calling out OnSite Tire in Central Oregon, who did a sweet job on 4 new Michelin LTX installed. Comparable to Toyota buy 3 get 1 for a buck deal and you can keep it local!!

New shoes (including the spare) - 33s (well, 275/70-18 BFG AT KOs):

New_BFGs.jpg

@YetiRunner looks great! What lights did you use? Did you just tap into the reverse light wiring in the tailgate? Been looking for something similar, as the current reverse lights don't do much of anything...

@YetiRunner looks great! What lights did you use? Did you just tap into the reverse light wiring in the tailgate? Been looking for something similar, as the current reverse lights don't do much of anything...
I used lights from Alliance Parts, but these are pretty generic light size for trailers. This size light could also be used as a brake/turn signal. I am going to hardwire the lights to a switch to be able to use them for camping also. Here is a link to similar lights, they will need rubber grommets and plugs also.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-890428

Did a projector retrofit with 6000k hid kit. The PS headlight had a huge chip in the glass. So I thought why not try a projector retrofit. Got everything off of amazon for less than $100. Doesn't even compare to stock halogens.

I used lights from Alliance Parts, but these are pretty generic light size for trailers. This size light could also be used as a brake/turn signal. I am going to hardwire the lights to a switch to be able to use them for camping also. Here is a link to similar lights, they will need rubber grommets and plugs also.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-890428

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271176205791?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Had it detailed, added an ARB diff and trans breather line kit
ARBbreathers_zpsd2128634.jpg

Added Slee skid plate set and welded the slider mounts to the frame

Bellyplates_zps65f0d72e.jpg

and an IBS dual Battery setup with dedicated switched line to the fridge

DualBatteriessm_zps943b45c8.jpg

Gave the keys to the "mom beast" to the wife and her and the kids took the first drive in it to the cabin. " it's awesome". That was their response , and that's coming from riding in the back seat of a newer Audi allroad previously. Honesty of kids, Landcruiser for the win!
IMG_3085.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

90K service, timing belt, water pump, belts
Slee Steps Sliders (thanks Motleyone!)
OME rear springs, crank stock torsions, left the Bilsteins on
New Cooper ATP 285/75/16 tires
Completed finishing touches on ARB, AO rack move from my recently sold 2001 to the wife's 1999

Before

Now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom