What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$5.00 rebate per gallon on Rotella T5 or T6. Go to Rotella.com/promotions to get the form. Autozone has it for $13.99/gallon here in Iowa plus the rebate. :flipoff2:

I installed a new OEM heater control valve and all eight (!) firewall heater hoses. PITA! But I'm glad I did it as PM.

Thanks for the heads up. I got it for just under $20 at Walmart and I thought I got a really good deal.

That probably is a really good deal in LA. I can buy it all day long for $18.99 here.

The rebate is good through Oct 31st. I bought a couple extra gallons today and sent the rebates to my neighbor. FTW!

I installed a new OEM heater control valve and all eight (!) firewall heater hoses. PITA! But I'm glad I did it as PM.

That is coming up on my PM list. I'll do it in October when I do my annual flush and fill of my radiator. My heater control valve is 23 years old. I'm gambling right now. Ugh. But getting my AC fixed while it is still warm comes first. Need that fixed before winter so my defrost works better. Finally...

Explored Waimea Valley on the north shore with the family.

image.jpg

....making the Land Cruiser look small
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cruised Mana rd into the clouds. low vis, high-speed rallye style. Finally got to cool off about 5k feet.

20150905_160021.jpg
20150905_161541.jpg
20150905_155259.jpg

New OEM shocks and pulled the front drive shaft to replace the U joints. Night and day difference in ride. Feels like a newish truck. Quieter ride. So happy right now. And the vibration I was getting was definitely from the U joint. Smooth and silk and no clunk when shifting from reverse to drive. Woohoo!

Last edited:
And my s***tybuilt took one!!!

Just ordered a superwinch!

And my s***tybuilt took one!!!

Just ordered a superwinch!
What happened to it? And you're really not moving up by going w/a Superwinch.

It quit! Prob the solenoid because of the water crossings I did prior to this.

I am going to see about repairing the smitty later, but my buddy has had really good luck with his superwinch, so I'm giving it a try. I'm also going to mount the solenoid box up in the engine compartment.

Btw I have seen plenty of Warns croak on the trails too.

@Dr Gil came over so made him a quickie bracket to hold his Anderson power plug for the ARB fridge. He got a new drawer system so I needed to move the old location. Nothing Earth shattering. Didn't have the correct sized screws I needed.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom