What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the VSS, as it died over Memorial Day weekend...and my spare was wonky too (known to fail at 85 degrees or higher outside).

Went with one of the eBay $15 ones, as I thought "what the h3ll" worth trying before getting one from the junkyard or forking out the $170 to Partsouq, or $300+ to the dealer.

All I can say is that the only difference so far is that the unit did not have the Toyota/Denso sticker, but everything else looked absolutely identical. Confirmed with both my GPS and the local radar that the speedo is still 100% correct. Hoping this unit will last, and time will tell.

I sure hope that synthetic! That kid is lucky he's still walking otherwise. *not trying to be an ass, I've seen, and applied tourniquet after winch line let go. Not a good time!

He's pulling out LOGS, not winching an 80K LB truck out of a bog!

If you're pulling something with a 12K winch and your cable breaks, you're an idiot for not doing maintenance. You should be dragging your truck across the lot.

If the cable slips off, you don't know what you're doing.

I do agree that you should always have a blanket on the cable. It reduces vibration and the range if it snaps or comes loose.

We had a group doing light wheelin' in western NC and came across a 4R and 2 Tacos in the Red Clay Rally who went off the trail, and created their own. The Red Clay Rally website, nor the organizers Overland Tennessee & Bold Overland had a single mention of Tread Lightly. We've had some of the best trails shutdown in the southeast because of this kind of BS, and the trail they were on is in the crosshairs, so I won't post the pic. Someone else tactfully mentioned it on Overland TN's FB page and they got pissy and, from what I can tell, deleted the post.

@Mdej3 @Bama4door, was there any mention at the Rally about Tread Lightly?

Replaced the thermostat and flushed the coolant. Also did the center diff switch in the console and 7 pin mod, which was a PITA to get to IMO. Ended up just ripping the wire out as I couldn't lift the pin gate. Had a moment of panic when I shifted into 4L and no CDL light :l Oh yeah push the button stupid :D

We had a group doing light wheelin' in western NC and came across a 4R and 2 Tacos in the Red Clay Rally who went off the trail, and created their own. The Red Clay Rally website, nor the organizers Overland Tennessee & Bold Overland had a single mention of Tread Lightly. We've had some of the best trails shutdown in the southeast because of this kind of BS, and the trail they were on is in the crosshairs, so I won't post the pic. Someone else tactfully mentioned it on Overland TN's FB page and they got pissy and, from what I can tell, deleted the post.

I wasn't apart of the Rally. We were signed up to do it, but backed out.

I was part of the Red Clay Rally event. Zack made sure that all teams were aware of Thread Lightly. Also, for this race (which was mostly ON Highway), there were maps to follow and none of the roads required the need to open new trails and the difficulty of it was on the easy-average side. So, it kinda shocked me reading this. Do you know where were those vehicles spotted? I can see my recorded track and tell you specifically where the Rally vehicles drove by.

Manny

Rally. Not race.

The video of what appears to some of your traveling partners blasting up the previously blocked off "hill climb" challenge seems to be getting the most negative attention. The video location isnt descript but if its where suspected both sides of that road are private property and it was getting treated like a venezuelan fun race rally. No need to provide opponents with bountiful ammo against us.

While the spotter may have nice attributes the photog really should not have posted the video to FB.... or perhaps suggested staying on the trail.

We passed you going up Foothills parkway Saturday afternoon, 80 looked great! I was in the white LX450 along with the white LX470 and black jeep. (we were signed up to do the rally, but decided to take our time and do it backwards haha).

Hey man!!

Yeah i remember seeing you guys in the downhill!

It was great really. Too bad we didn't cross anywhere else!
That LX450 is huge!! 37's???

Blew a power steering reutrn line, fixed it as well as ALL other PS lines HI/LO and proceeded to fill it with "japanese" Power steering fluid, Only to finally receive my FSM and discover it wont bleed properly because it requires ATF Dexron 2/3 so how do I flush ALL the wrong PS fluid out so I can fill it correctly?

Good choice! Looks similar to the new paint color on my 60. Post some more photos when it's all back together.
Will do. Hopefully tonight it is mostly there except for a few little things. Enough so my daughter can drive it and I get my 80 back. I fear she likes the supercharger!

When you signed up, any mention of Tread Lightly?

I was part of the Red Clay Rally event. Zack made sure that all teams were aware of Thread Lightly. Also, for this race (which was mostly ON Highway), there were maps to follow and none of the roads required the need to open new trails and the difficulty of it was on the easy-average side. So, it kinda shocked me reading this. Do you know where were those vehicles spotted? I can see my recorded track and tell you specifically where the Rally vehicles drove by.

Manny

Hello guys.

Just as Manny said, Zack and organizers made a really good job explaining what to do and what to avoid. Not only in 1, but in three emails BEFORE the rally the thread lightly topic was putted in the table; And again, in every meting DURING the rally.

I can speak for myself and my friends, who only followed the maps provided for the rally and under any circumstances new trails were open.

EVERYWHERE you go you will get Aholes that want to do what they want, and i can assure the Rally organizers disqualified many that didn't follow the rules.

Instead of bashing groups like Overland Tennessee, Bold Overland, etc. who care of cleaning the spots after off roading, that your same locals bash, focus on the real problems that are making most of the trails get closed. The super local red necks who are only useful to throw cans everywhere, talk sh1t and threaten visitors are a good example of this.

Thank you!!

Blew a power steering reutrn line, fixed it as well as ALL other PS lines HI/LO and proceeded to fill it with "japanese" Power steering fluid, Only to finally receive my FSM and discover it wont bleed properly because it requires ATF Dexron 2/3 so how do I flush ALL the wrong PS fluid out so I can fill it correctly?

Your timing is really bad.

Aloha Jen just posted here, so all our attention is elsewhere now.
You simply cannot ask technical questions during such an event.

Have you looked at the PS cooler? Drain it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom