What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[Q="LandCruiserPhil, post: 9297111, member: 2882"]Air down and you wont spin a tire;)[/QUOTE]

I dont have an air compressor yet other wise I would and it is too far to town to drive the rig on pavement atv15 psi. Plus i wasnt rolling with the diffs locked.o_O

Planning to drive it to Tennessee tomorrow morning, but first, the AC heater control valve had to fail spectacularly on the way to work today. Having the windshield covered in coolant at 55mph is so exciting.

After about $50 for troubleshooting, $50 for labor, and $90 for the part, it was fixed by the time I got off work. Road trip is still on!

Side note: the temp guage seems to show a more consistent reading and reach running temp a little quicker after the valve was replaced.

TORQ, because the HTC is phenolic plastic, when they degrade they could crumble and end up in your heater hoses. I found two chunks of the HTC in mine.

Also, make sure you do the adjustment to the heater valve so your AC blows its coldest.

How do you adjust the AC heater control valve to make it colder?

How do you adjust the AC heater control valve to make it colder?
There's a thread on the 'mod' that explains it better than me but basically:
Slide AC control ALL the way cold

Look at heater valve

Adjust cable so it allows the heater valve arm to close all the way

What it does is stops all the coolant that's hot from flowing so it allows the AC to blow colder.

Thanks, doing that after work

What's that thing on the back bumper?

It looks like an open pelican case sitting on the ground behind the cruiser. From that angle it appears to be attached to the truck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406937620.517919.jpg
Striper fishing off of Cape Cod beaches. Saw only one other 80 all week but a ton of heeps.

I've never seen a rod holder like that, that's cool.

2490 km...35 hours of driving....all the way from Khartoum northwards to Atbara, then Ports Sudan..back through east Sudan Kassala and Gedarif.
A wonderful trip during the start of our rain season with the boys. A few issues with the very low quality diesel in the regions that kept stalling the cruiser, but otherwise very nice.
trip.jpg

image.jpg
Tearing into the front end - upgrading the Depo highbeams to 100w and hopdfully the Satoshi grille......and lowered the Winch solenoid box mount to not block the radiator...... lot's of minor wiring and lines to replace while I'm in there.....

Let me know if you decide to get rid of that bumper.

Haha ! loving the Slee !

Got the powersteering line and all the wiring cleaned up and back together.... diid the Depots with the 100 watt Hella bulbs are crazy...... running Slee's Headlight harness so hopefully the exra wattage won't be an issue..... I also rewired the "high-beam" on the HID's up....... it runs in tandem with the H1 highbeams ........

Lesson learned on trying LED 1156 bulbs...... they don't offer the right resistance and you get a faster blinker..... sill workable but went back to fresh old school ones and put those in the spare kit... treated all connection to Dielectric grease as well.

Now off to mess with finally installing the Slee Windshield washer relo kit - 6 months after I did the dual batts......
thinking I might need it to pass inspection.

Waiting for paint / JB weld to dry so I can try the new grille...

Pic of the front end all back together. temporaliy.... thanks again to Nick for the great job on the Depots...
image.jpg

Rear brake pads and slide boots. New front O2 sensor (OEM of course).

image.jpg
Trying to narrow down the causes of my overheating. Current test to run without the shroud. What a pain in the ass just to remove the shroud :(

800 miles on the rebuilt we pulled Betty in for a look under the skirt. All is awesome!

Royal Purple oil change and filter
Dyna beads in the Maxxis Big Horns. (Highly recommend)
Removed what was left of the rusted crusted trailer hitch.
Installed new Pioneer head unit. Attempted the rear speakers only to find no beats in my rear seats. Head unit mysteriously does not allow the fader adjustment to appear. More trouble shooting Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom