Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you building one for the 80 so you can move the fridge back and forth?

To keep room in the back on overnighters +, I got the idea from Stepmurr and welded up a metal frame for the new fridge. Opened up the rear for more camping gear! Bolts right into the existing bolt holes, has channel to hold the fridge in, and held in place with hooked turnbuckles. These mount to the HD metal handles on one end and welded eyelets on the other. welded on the tabs today and painted it up.

The fridge doesnt move and is very secure. I faced it to the outside so a) the plug in is only inches to the outlet plug in. b) the in and out fridge vents are facing the front and front side where they wont be blocked by gear in the rear. c) It opens away from me so I wont be tempted .:beer:;)

Clearing the rear fenderwell, the front tcase shift lever in 4WD - good to go! :steer:

Will you sleeping on top of it like Stepmurr?

Will you sleeping on top of it like Stepmurr?

Although his system is one of the most efficient uses of space Ive ever seen, Ill be sleeping outside in the TentCot

Are you building one for the 80 so you can move the fridge back and forth?

Don't need one for the 80, just removing the back seats and plunking it down in the second row.

Over 4th of July I was getting some pretty high temps from my Scanguage, then on Monday I got home on so the coolant pouring out for under my engine :bang:. Replaced the PHH, which took much longer then it should have, but since it has been so hot and I could only work on it in the evening I finally got it replaced and put in a new thermostat since I already had the coolant drained. :steer:

:hmm:rubber traction mat on top? :hillbilly:
That's where my cat rode!
DSC04817-small.jpg

Nice work on your mounting bracket - can you reverse the lid so you can access the fridge while you drive?

Steve, thats hilarious!

Yes, I can flip it around for driver access ~
Then can you flip it back to access it from the campsite without crawling over your driver's seat :(?

Maybe mount the hinges on the short side? Then you can access it from either.

Like a lazy susan :hmm:

...hey....You guys stop putting projects in my head! :flipoff2:

Btw, I think the rotating devise in Phils garage needs more investigation. What is it for!?

Hey Phil, to use the Tundra visor (from a 2002) I had to first modify the pivoting bracket.....Thought about writing up a complete install on these but figured there may not be many people that would be interested.

I'd be very interested!

Got bored working on projects at the house in Flag, so I drove out to Anderson Mesa. Got caught in a rainstorm and managed to pack the wheel wells full of what must have been clay. I had a heck of a time at the carwash getting it out.

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IH8MUD :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom