Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want the ARB bumpers and Safari snorkel as well. Were they hard to find and install?

The snorkel wasn't bad. The ARB was a pain in the ass.

Wondering why most people seem to get the ARB, are there better steel bumpers out there where you don't need to cut the stock bumper?
TJM doesn't require the bumper being cut but in the US I'm guessing the ARB is the most readily available don't know if TJM stepped up their game or not yet. There is ironman as well but from what I saw they were a very flimsy construction. Another option would be to go custom

TJM doesn't require the bumper being cut but in the US I'm guessing the ARB is the most readily available don't know if TJM stepped up their game or not yet. There is ironman as well but from what I saw they were a very flimsy construction. Another option would be to go custom

I'm wondering if custom would be the better way to go. Anyone know of any quality shops in Los Angeles California?

Jonathan Ward's operation TLC in Chatsworth, CA.

Best there is.

Hey Beno, since you seem to be in the area and seem very familiar with all things LC...
-Do you know who would be a good local shop to install my BP-51s?
Does you business do installs?
It seems you are most a parts shops, so thought I would ask. Any thoughts?

Mark

Mark
Are you near Orange County??
Edit, yep you are. I'm going to send you a PM with my dads number. He's in fountain valley and knows lots of gear heads.
his name is John Britton

Mark
Are you near Orange County??
Edit, yep you are. I'm going to send you a PM with my dads number. He's in fountain valley and knows lots of gear heads.
his name is John Britton

Wow. Thanks.
Is he going to take a call from a complete stranger though? :)

He's English/South African/Australian. He's going to talk your ear off!!!!!!

He's English/South African/Australian. He's going to talk your ear off!!!!!!

ha! OK. :) Maybe I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

I'll warn him. He's a true 70 year old gear head. Goes to cars and coffee every weekend, loves wacky cars like Citroens and please excuse him but he drives and Audi S4.

Folks:

Just wanted to introduce an old friend of mine Ken Romer @Romer who has recently purchased a 200 series Land Cruiser.

He will be assisting in moderating the 200 section--mainly because my time is currently limited on MUD as I spend every second on developing my young business. :)

Ken sits at his desk all day and tries to figure out how to get people to Mars. Seriously. ;)

He's a great cruiserhead and a welcomed addition to 200 Tech moderation.

:cheers:
-onur

Has anyone found a good iPad app for this forum...that allows full editing, posting, attaching photos etc?

I know some users use Tapatalk

I know some users use Tapatalk

Ya, I tried tapatalk, but it seemed very buggy...

I also have a weird issue where the pages won't load on the iPad at home...but load fine at work on cellular. So weird.

I'm on iPhone 6s. Works fine and it's gotten me following some other threads/topics that I never would have followed like 4-Runners. Never owned one but these guys love their trucks.

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the site for about a month, so I thought it was time to finally post. I've been a fan of the LCs for a long time and I was looking to get a gently used '13-'15 model (my preference is always to buy used). Unfortunately, I saw the '16s before I was able to pull the trigger on a used model and immediately fell in love with the updates - button layout, front end, 8-speed... err... maybe not the rear entertainment system. :\

At any rate, it seems that they put a lot of thought into "fixing" many of the things that bothered me when I was looking at previous model(s). Can they read my mind? Long story short, on a whim and against any good financial sense I normally have, I pulled the trigger on a new 2016 LC.

I love this thing! It is a friggin' tank. Mods are already running through my head and will eventually happen, but I have to wait until my wife recovers from her myocardial infarction - induced by sticker shock. Thankfully, there's a somewhat limited aftermarket for the 2016 right now and that will probably save my marriage and my wallet for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom