***Weber Carb*** Adjustment Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread!
If you’re still around Johnny, I could use a hand.

Just picked up a 76 fj40.
2F, DUI-HEI, headers and a Weber 32/36 DGEV 5A manual choke. Running lean (I think) with back fires into the carb if you press the accelerator much.

Pulled the carb, thoroughly cleaned it, installed with new kit parts. Adjusted the timing. Idle screw is 1/2 turn and mix screw is 1/4 turn in from the starting spot of 2 turns out ( or call it 1 3/4 turns out)

Starts and idles beautifully. Drives great as long as your don’t push it too hard. If you push it a little it seems to skip a beat when the secondary should kick in. If you mash the gas it hiccups and bucks.

I am at 2700ft elevation and sometimes travel up, seldom down in elevation.

Unfortunately I didn’t write down any numbers off of jets while I had it apart.

Can you recommend a starting set of jets for my elevation and give me a suggestion for resolving the hesitation in the middle of acceleration?

Thanks!!

Your secondary idle jet is either plugged up or way off in sizing. At your altitude, should need around a 45-50 size idle jet on the secondary side. Be careful using cleaners around those o-rings on the idle jets, it can ruin them. The o-ring will generally stay inside the bore on the carb, just be aware of it and put it back on the jet screw before re-installing.

Sarge

Toyota 2f coolant capacity
Your secondary idle jet is either plugged up or way off in sizing. At your altitude, should need around a 45-50 size idle jet on the secondary side. Be careful using cleaners around those o-rings on the idle jets, it can ruin them. The o-ring will generally stay inside the bore on the carb, just be aware of it and put it back on the jet screw before re-installing.

Sarge

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the idle jets, and found that primary was a 50 and secondary a 55.

I swapped them to see if it would make a difference, and it did improve things but it didn’t resolve the problem. I had previously set the timing at Toyota spec +7* but I remembered the DUI instructions recommending +12* so I did that and it running perfect. I’m so pumped!

Is it unusual to run leaner idle jet in the secondary? Since the timing was likely the solution, I’ll probably switch the jets back when I’m under the hood again.

Thought I had this information here but it’s scattered I guess … so adding this tid bits … also bumping this whole thread for @DesertDonkey as it may help him out

Down Draft

DGV 32/36 and DGES 38/38

First letter position… barrel type (Dual)

Second letter position… carb orientation
G right hand
F left handed … mirror of G

Third letter position… Choke type
A = Aqua (Water)
E = Elettrico (Electric)
Blank = Manuale (Manual) sometimes M

Forth letter position…
S = synchronized
V = vertical progressive

Extra letter position
-IC = Idle Cutoff Solenoid

Example:
DGAS

D … Doppio … Dual Barrels
G … orientation right handed
A … choke Aqua … water
S … Synchronized

DGV

D … Doppio … Dual Barrels
G … orientation right handed
Blank … manual choke
V … Vertical progressive

I noticed that the links to Kevin's pdf's are broken... so here are @webersarge pdf files

Attachments

• webertrouble.pdf
    411.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Weber Manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • Walbro document.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
a few more

Float measure all.gif

Attachments

• ORC Weber Post - edited.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 37