Weak airflow from the vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, guys
I have 2003 LC100 with 200k
I have recently devolved an issue with HVAC, specifically airflow from the vents . If temperatures set to “COLD” airflow is adequate, however as soon as I increase it to 65 (next up ) , the airflow drops significantly. I can hear the actuator move by the glove box . I still have hot air coming out , just very weak compared to when temp is set to “COLD”
Few things I have done in attempt to resolve the issue :
-Checked coolant levels ( normal)
-Fluchsed heater Core
- heater Ts replaced ( both are piping hot leading into the cabin )
-Cleaned temp sensor , the one by the right knee on the driver side

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know . The winters in Chicago are wicked !
Below is the video , if it helps

May be the windshield vents come on due to the low temperature these days?

Mine is the same. I just turn up the fan. I suspect the airflow is dropping because the air is passing over the heater core and going additional places it wasn't going when it was just on A/C.

When my A/C is 'too cold' (on the lowest setting) I turn up the temp from 65-75, and it doesn't so much warm up the air as it slows down the air flow, which makes you feel warmer.

Mine is the same. I just turn up the fan. I suspect the airflow is dropping because the air is passing over the heater core and going additional places it wasn't going when it was just on A/C.

When my A/C is 'too cold' (on the lowest setting) I turn up the temp from 65-75, and it doesn't so much warm up the air as it slows down the air flow, which makes you feel warmer.
I definitely hear air escaping somewhere in the dash board as soon as I increase temp from “Cold” by one degree . My guess is the blend door actuator not functioning properly. And from what I understand, replacing one is going to require dash board removal.
It started doing this few weeks ago, prior to to that everything was functioning as it should .

Sir Mr. Poopy Pants

Are you on Auto? This sounds like normal behavior if so.

I would agree with you , however this issue statutes a few weeks ago . Up untill few weeks ago , the airflow was much stronger
I hear ya'.. I notice my vents act differently when the outside temperatures drop. I can't really relate one thing to another but I notice when it's below freezing out it seems to regulate things differently. That helps you solve nothing other than IDK it may not be broken. Did you own the vehicle last winter too ?

Switch to manual and crank that heat.

I hear ya'.. I notice my vents act differently when the outside temperatures drop. I can't really relate one thing to another but I notice when it's below freezing out it seems to regulate things differently. That helps you solve nothing other than IDK it may not be broken. Did you own the vehicle last winter too ?

Switch to manual and crank that heat.
Yes, I had this car for three years now . Never had this specific issue . The good thing is that at least it’s blowing hot air 😅
Untill I find solution that’s what I’ve been doing — crank it high and don’t let my OCD take the best of me .

I would agree with you , however this issue statutes a few weeks ago . Up untill few weeks ago , the airflow was much stronger
What was the outside temperature a few weeks ago? I believe it has something to do with how the AC amplifier is coded with outside temperature and temperature setting. Test it again when it is warmer or outside temperature is higher then 65F. You should get good air flow by setting the temperature first, then hit the fan speed button.

What was the outside temperature a few weeks ago? I believe it has something to do with how the AC amplifier is coded with outside temperature and temperature setting. Test it again when it is warmer or outside temperature is higher then 65F. You should get good air flow by setting the temperature first, then hit the fan speed button.
Thank you . I’ll try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom