We will name him Brutus. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also i found this!

8c7ea6f2-5091-4ca8-a0f0-3fad8fb690fa.jpg

Currently tracking my issue. Tank looks good - little sandy type stuff in the bottom but nothing bad - i think its just dirt particles that blew into the ripped open hose while it sat.

But i ran a metal hanger into the fuel tube from inside the tank, and its good. I run wire up the fuel line to the tank fitting - all good. But the fuel only dribbles out of the tank, it will fill the filters, but only fast enough to sit and idle. If i try to drive it, it cant dribble fast enough and just dies. Is there a valve or something at the fitting I am missing?

Plugged vent? :hmm:

Try with cap off?
My cap is in really poor shape - not sure if its doing much but thats worth a try for sure. If the vent is plugged, am I gonna have to drop the dang tank? lemme check my parts diagrams again real quick....

I think @Ol Yeller is onto something. I am reading up on the vent and charcoal canister mess - and apparently I should have a line along the passenger side to the air cleaner. I do not have this, might be on drivers side. The diagrams from work SUCK for this - theres at least 20 pages of fuel system stuff with the different tank types and whatnot.

The struggle to find the correct diagrams continues. I have no lines from the fuel tank, to the engine bay besides the fuel feed line. I have no return line, no evap lines, no charcoal canister, nothin. The other day when it wasnt gettin fuel and left me hangin - when I pulled the fuel line off the metal line, the tank sucked in air. I didnt think much of it, but the more I think about it the more significant it seems. I double checked my cap, its definitely in terrible shape, but theres a spot where it catches just right and is rock solid. So I am to believe that I have an issue with the venting. I took off the cap, revved it a bunch in my yard and had no loss of fuel in the filters. So I tried to air up my tires while it idled and the stupid portable tire pump CAUGHT FIRE in my hand (screw you walmart..) guess fillin 2 - 31s from 10psi was too much. lol

Today I will attempt to drive it again, but i am learning all the quirks slowly. When i press the brakes, the corner markers light up as well. Headlights I got working by jiggling the headlight switch. Still no hazards or turn signals. I think my main gripe right now is that its EXTREMELY slow. lmfao I am used to my tuned V8 daily driver, then I get in this guy and its like my buddies 4 cyl jeep on 35s - just FIGHTING for its life out here.

" lmfao I am used to my tuned V8 daily driver, then I get in this guy and its like my buddies 4 cyl jeep on 35s - just FIGHTING for its life out here."

Re: tire size increases, some is usually good but more is often not better. At least absent gearing upgrades.

" lmfao I am used to my tuned V8 daily driver, then I get in this guy and its like my buddies 4 cyl jeep on 35s - just FIGHTING for its life out here."

Re: tire size increases, some is usually good but more is often not better. At least absent gearing upgrades.

I only have 31x10.5x15s on it - I assume it came factory pretty similar in size? Not sure what the gearing is on this thang but I just assumed the straight six would have some more pep in its step. Once its runnin good I will worry about getting more air in/out

I only have 31x10.5x15s on it - I assume it came factory pretty similar in size? Not sure what the gearing is on this thang but I just assumed the straight six would have some more pep in its step. Once its runnin good I will worry about getting more air in/out
Probably more like a 28” tire originally.

42611ATIRE TUBE SET OR TUBELESS TIRE
98015-761527.60-15-4, W/T LUG

So I broke the fuel line. This is a good and a bad thing. Bad - i live in a tiny town and cant find a fitting locally so i need to order online while the tank is peeing. The good - the tank isnt peeing so my fuel problem is in the tank. Secondary bad - a new fuel tank is STUPID expensive and dropping this to get it refinished is impossible because theres no refinishing places within 150 miles.

Im the meantime I have that McMaster Carr part number, just need to do some shoppin around because the one i found is like $8 but then shipping is $23 and they are smokin male reproductive organs if they think imma pay that

So I broke the fuel line. This is a good and a bad thing. Bad - i live in a tiny town and cant find a fitting locally so i need to order online while the tank is peeing. The good - the tank isnt peeing so my fuel problem is in the tank. Secondary bad - a new fuel tank is STUPID expensive and dropping this to get it refinished is impossible because theres no refinishing places within 150 miles.

Im the meantime I have that McMaster Carr part number, just need to do some shoppin around because the one i found is like $8 but then shipping is $23 and they are smokin male reproductive organs if they think imma pay that
My local Rad shop pre-cleaned mine enough to ship out to a Renu place farther away than that, you may have to ask?

I guess now comes the fun part. Getting the spare out, and lowering a tank with 12 gallons of gas in it and my drain pan is only 5. lol

OR! is there a replacement fuel tank option that isnt GROSSLY overpriced? I see that long range tank, but its $1600 (correction 2100$+) - and for that I can get a fully hand welded all aluminum one from Bain Racing in australia and shipped to me, not a less expensive steel box.

Last edited: