Trasharoo mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Those of you with the famous Trasharoo may relate to this. Mine kept rotating down and on couple of occasions, totally slipped off the tire. If it weren't for my buds following me and telling me what was happening, I'd have lost it for sure.

I normally place the straps in the "X" pattern across the spare tire but the top of the straps would spread and over time simply slip off the tire. My spare tire is normally covered with a tire cover and the slippery surface only exasperated this issue. Those of you with M/Ts may not have this issue due to the large lugs.

The mod consist of sewing on extra strap across the top that helps with the prevention of the straps spreading apart. As a bonus, another strap with buckles to really locate the unit properly. This is not needed, but following the mantra "while I was in there....". This extra strap keeps the unit put, regardless how much crap is in the bag :D

Let me know if you have any questions.

102_3910.jpg

102_3906.jpg

102_3908.jpg

Clever!!!
Thanks for sharing...

it never happens to me " yet " but when loaded I need to " pull it up " from time to time .. specially if the trail it's " bumpy "

main.php

Hey David,

Yup, I've had to do that quite a few times, especially when it's wet. I've spoken to Dave from Trasharoo about this mod and I think it's on their "to do" list. Similar unit from Oz has this top strap from the factory so I think it's a necessary item.

Furthermore, having this top strap negates the need for tightening the two vertical straps "mo fo tight", LOL!

What I want to do .. is some sort of additional strap to hold from the top center of the bag to my main tire carrier post ..

One of these days I'm going to cut and sew a better mousetrap/tire bag out of hypalon type fabric and be done with it. Dave got everyone all worked up last year with a poll and all about offering a super HD version out of hypalon type fabric and then opted out.

Its going to happen...just not sure when. But my Sailrite will punch through it no prob.

Are you going to add a skid plate to prevent this?:hillbilly:

attachment.php

that would not happen if you find a way to keep it hi mounted on the tire .. that's why I'm trying to do ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom