Track Bar Bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone! New LX450 owner here, picked it up last week! Doing some bushing replacements on the front track bar. When I pulled the bolt on the PS side out, it was stripped. Looked at the captive nut on the axel bracket and its stripped as well. Wondering if anyone knows where I can find a new bolt? Going to try and rethread the nut, may try a helacore if that doesn't work. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions out there? I'll post some pics of the rig soon and introduce myself! Excited to join the community. Thanks

Tim

If it is accessible, just chip off the nut, grind or file the area smooth, and use a normal nut. It is only a weld-nut to make it easy for production assembly

That is a 16 x 1.5mm thread. I had the same issue. I ended up buying a tap and die, re-threading the bolt and re-threading the captive nut.

From what I remember, there is no way to access the captive nut, but I could be wrong.

If you had to go up in size, you'd have to ream out the panhard bar end as well. If re-thread doesn't work, I would recommend using a helicoil or timesert.

Buying a new bolt would likely be cheaper than getting the proper die to re-cut threads. A tap of that size won't be cheap either.

Or just use this as an excuse to buy a large metric set of taps and dies!

Another thing is if the guy installed the caster correction brackets, you'll have some spare bolts. They are the same as this said panhard bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom