Tools organizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
I'm looking for ideas to organize my tools .. some sort of board or something like to put the the wall in front of my workbench and then put there basic common frequent use tools ..

appreciate comments and ideas .. !

thanks !

Well to be honest you can take a pc. of plywood and paint it, put dowels in to hold the tools, then take a magic marker and trace em' out...kind of that old school look.

.wow.

This should be an honorary 80s tech thread.

Buy several tool boxes. Roll around ones for tools. Small tool boxes for other stuff like: 2 boxes for plumbing stuff, 2 boxes for drill, screws, nails, etc.,

You can never have too much storage.

I have couple of boxes but running out of floor space .. that's why I'm looking for a nice wall option to hold the most frecuent use tools ..

If you go pegboard, don't cheap out on the hooks, or in other words find the right hook that holds the tool AND stays on the peg board. It is pretty frustrating to take the tool off the board, only to have the hook fall out a scatter across the floor, or under the workbench, etc.

I keep a few tools on the peg board that I need in close reach--my ball peen and plastic hammer, a 12" pair of hemostats. Otherwise I use the peg board to store items that I don't want in a drawer. but my often used tools like screwdrivers, sockets, wrenches, etc., are kept in drawers. drawer storage is much more efficient--also your expensive tools are not "on display".

Go to the hardware store. Get some pegboard, pegboard hooks (they also make plastic "hook holders" that keep the hooks attached to the board), and some wood to frame the back of the board which stiffens the board and holds it slightly off the wall. You will spend way less than the 50 bucks they want on ebay.

Off topic, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on ways to hang things like coats, hats, etc. Preferably by the door of my shop?:flipoff2:

Result
ForumRunner_20110903_223317.jpg

15 minutes for layout and drill the holes, another 20 for the paint to dry and weedwackers are finally out of the way.:)
101_0407.jpg
101_0408.jpg
101_0410.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom