The 95+ Gen Toyota Truck registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey,

I'll start... I sold the 40 and just picked up an '03 Taco (just last week)- will be the DD as well as some mildish offroading.

TRD 3.4 V6 Rear Locker
No real mods yet... But plan:
Sliders
Bumpers
Winch Setup

Just enough to hang with the big boys off road but not so much to make my wife suspicious... you dig? :flipoff2:

Jamie.
2011-01-09_16-13-13_109.jpg
2011-01-09_16-13-46_981.jpg
2011-01-09_16-14-05_677.jpg

Last edited:
A VESPA - cool!

I want to see what you guys are drivin.

1. Year
2. Model
3. Mods

My turn! :D

1. 1997
2. Toyota T100 DX, 3.4L, 4x4, 5-speed
3. KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks
Monroe steering stabilizer
Energy Suspension sway bar end links and greasable bushings
Marlin Crawler Trans and Transfer Case Shifter seats
Aisin locking hubs retrofit (thanks '89 4Runner!)
Toyota bedliner (is this a real mod? probably not)
Leonard camper shell (removable mod!)
Kenwood head unit and front 6.5" speakers
Tint
Black and Decker 200W power inverter (with DC and USB bypass!)
Ummm...Floor mats (i am running out of things I can think of)

2010-11-21_16-43-14_783.jpg

Last edited:
2000 toyota tundra trd 4x4

62396_444016603441_810883441_5095533_6756089_n.jpg

1997 Tacoma

Here's my DD, since the FJ40 is gone.

1997 Tacoma V6 (OEM 3.4L) Single Cab (very rare and desirable I understand)
OEM equipped:
* rear locking differential
I've added, in no particular order:
* Warn M8000 Winch
* Custom license plate cover that clips to roller fairlead
* TJM T-15 front bumper
* Hella 500s
* Firestik CB cable and antenna
* Uniden CB
* PA mounted in engine compartment
* Optima Yellow Top
* K&N Filter
* Tuffy Lockbox
* JDM altimeter (1997 4Runner model)
* Kenwood CD/iPod/Sirius XM
* Infinity Mid range and tweeters (mounted in 4Runner tweeter triangles in door)
* Blaupunkt low profile subwoofer under passenger seat
* Toyota illuminated toggle switch for Hellas
* ARE truck cap
* BesTop Supertop soft cap
* Yakima (towers, bars, mega load warrior, light mounts, hella lights, ax mount (for kayak paddle), 2 forklifts, wheel forks, 4 pads for kayak)
* UWS aluminum tool box
* custom rear spare tire carrier
* Hi Lift jack mounted to carrier
* OEM FJ40 rear license plate bracket mounted on spare tire
* Old Man Emu shocks and springs, heavy in back, medium in front
* 33" BF Goodrich all terrains
* 15x10 outlaws
I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment. Of course, I don't run the caps and toolbox all at once. I like to have a little variety.
tacoma back yard.jpg
Stevens 1997 Tacoma 4x4.JPG
spare tire carrier after.jpg

had the chance to buy one of those a number of years ago. I've only seen two, and this one was very clea. Wish i had picked it up..

one of those

BKG - you mean the single cab V6? Coulda shoulda woulda! :) Mine only had 20 on the odometer when I bought it. I've only been throwing expo parts on it recently.

Great truck. No regrets.

S

2004 Tundra 4.7, 4x4, 80k, Bilstein 5100s, topper, FJ60 15" rims, 33x10.5 BFG ATs, 1.5" billett wheel spacers, K&N. s***ty cell pic.
tundrasnow.jpg

02 Taco TRD. 265/75'd, Sway Away 2.0, ARB, winch, hellas, 150k

165296_10150158546602588_713647587_7776646_2180436_n.jpg

164701_10150158549582588_713647587_7776692_1294423_n.jpg

*note dented licenses plate on both vehicles. The Day I got licenses plate for Taco, it was bent.

2003 TRD DC Tacoma 4x4

3.4L V6
Auto Trans
OEM rear locking diff
Trail-Gear Low Profile Front Bumper
Trail-Gear weld on sliders
Homebuilt rear bumper
Homebuilt bedrack
Hella Black Magic offroad lights
Safari Snorkel
OME 882 front springs /10mm spacer
OME sport shocks front
Cornfed Suspensions front diff-drop
OME Dakar rear springs
All-Pro 1.5" extended greasable shackles
OME sport rear shocks
15x8 Ultra Motorsports En4cer Type 181 Wheels (painted black)
33x10.50 BFG KM2s (siped)
Portable CO2
Alpine Headunit with iPhone connection
Uniden Pro520XL CB radio

Still needs a winch, and some skid plates. Otherwise it's just about where I want it.

_MG_1438.jpg

_MG_0157.jpg

_MG_1449.jpg

IMG_0075Large.jpg

_MG_9935.jpg

truck_trailer.jpg

Last edited:
I sold a white 95.5 V6 regular cab tacoma with a 4" lift and 33's to buy my FJ40 about 10 years ago. It was a great truck, but a regular cab certainly wouldn't work for me now. The guy I sold it to is still driving it, must have way over 200k on it now. This is my new DD that I just picked up after thanksgiving to replace the 05 access cab I had bought new. It's an 05 TRD off road 4x4/auto. Right now it's bone stock with the exception of an iPod adapter and a TLCA decal. It will likely stay like this. I've got the 40 if I want to go off road. Although I'll bet this truck is plenty capable as it sits with the locker.

Well I got tired of sliding into intersections in the snow so I made a few mods. I bought 2 factory toyota fog light switches and wired one inline with the ABS fuse so I can shut off the ABS at will. I also did the "locker anytime" mod with a relay from radio shack and wired the other switch inline with the power lead just in case I happen to mistake the locker switch from the factory fog light switch while driving down the highway. I'm thinking this truck may get some 5100 Bilsteins for a slight lift up front, longer shackles out back, and some 16x8 wheels with Grabber AT2's in the future when finances permit.

DSC_0159.jpg

Last edited:
I had two vehicles and I needed a truck because in life, who doesn't need a truck right? I had a 75 FJ40 restored with a 350 fuel injected V8 and an 06 BMW 325 with 75k. The BMW was super clean but it did have a salvage title on it. That and I noticed that the trans was shifting a little hard when going from park to rev and drive.
I found a nice 03 double cab limited prerunner with 117K. It had the TRD stickers but I instantly noticed it didn't have a locker.(he must of bought the stickers lol) The truck was also equipped with Fabtech Dirt logic 2.5 Coil overs and Mikey Thompson classic alloy wheels equipped with 33" all terrains. After some negotiations, I traded him my BMW for his Tacoma and he threw in $1,500 bucks. I think it was a fair trade off, I was happy and he left happy. When he delivered the truck , the bed of the truck were the factory wheels and tires and the front OEM shocks. I ended up installing the shocks and OEM wheels back on with a nice fresh set of tires. Since I had the cash, I replaced the timing belt, water pump, radiator fluid, fuel filter, air cleaner, oil, and turned the roters. Let me tell you, the truck feels and runs like new. I feel secure and not worried about having to pay $700 for a transmission oil change anymore. Bye Bye BMW, I will miss you ...at times!;p

Oh, if anybody is interested in the Mikey Thompson 15x8 wheels and tires not to mention the Fabtech dirt logic 2.5's I'm going to sell them. I did my research an apparently those shocks sell for $1,150 for the pair. Of course I won't be asking for even half that lol They do look new though!
fabtech shocks.jpg
tire picture.jpg
taco.jpg

Last edited:
2003 TRD DC Tacoma 4x4

3.4L V6
Auto Trans
OEM rear locking diff
Trail-Gear Low Profile Front Bumper
Trail-Gear weld on sliders
Homebuilt rear bumper
Homebuilt bedrack
Hella Black Magic offroad lights
Safari Snorkel
OME 882 front springs /20mm spacer
OME sport shocks front
Cornfed Suspensions front diff-drop
OME Dakar rear springs
All-Pro 1.5" extended greasable shackles
OME sport rear shocks
15x8 Ultra Motorsports En4cer Type 181 Wheels (painted black)
33x10.50 BFG KM2s (siped)
Portable CO2
Alpine Headunit with iPhone connection
Uniden Pro520XL CB radio

Still needs a winch, and some skid plates. Otherwise it's just about where I want it.

_MG_1438.jpg

_MG_0157.jpg

_MG_1449.jpg

IMG_0075Large.jpg

_MG_9935.jpg

truck_trailer.jpg

Adam,

Great truck. Are the (20mm) spacers OME? I have some 10mm on order, and am hoping they are enough to address the fender rub I'm experiencing right now.

Also, I notice in your pics that you go back and forth between the mud terrains and a/t's. Do you switch them out for different rides or did you just change them out at some point?

S

I'll play, my 95 was actually the 59th Tacoma built. Manufacture date is 1/95.:cool:

1995 Tacoma xtra cab.
V6
Auto
4x4
bone stock.

Adam,

Great truck. Are the (20mm) spacers OME? I have some 10mm on order, and am hoping they are enough to address the fender rub I'm experiencing right now.

Also, I notice in your pics that you go back and forth between the mud terrains and a/t's. Do you switch them out for different rides or did you just change them out at some point?

S

My info I posted was incorrect. The spacers I'm using are 10mm NOT 20mm. They are for a Jeep JK, but fit the Tacoma coils well.

The pics with the MT's are more recent. I've had the new KM2s for a few weeks now. The pics with the AT's are older pics. Those tires have been replaced.

1. 2010
2. Access Cab Tacoma, 2.7L, 4x4, Manual Trans, SR5
3. Yellow Wire Mod, 1986 front tow hook, front mud flaps removed (one ripped off :oops:), rear bumper center cover ripped off :oops: - has tow holes though!

My info I posted was incorrect. The spacers I'm using are 10mm NOT 20mm. They are for a Jeep JK, but fit the Tacoma coils well.

The pics with the MT's are more recent. I've had the new KM2s for a few weeks now. The pics with the AT's are older pics. Those tires have been replaced.

Got it. Actually I got on your build thread and discovered how the truck evolved. Great read, great ride! Very happy with my set up, and the spacers certainly did the trick.

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom