Temperature Adjustment knob wont move easily (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
My temperature adjustment knob on the AC control panel wont move easily all the way to the right. it is very stubborn. If you manually hold the knob pushed to the right, it is noticeably cooler than if it rests naturally to the right.

I cut a piece of round stock to size and wedged it to hold the knob off of the ac control button.

Redneck, but it works. I wonder if there is a cable I can reset or lengthen to make it move fully to the cool side.

Thoughts?

The cable is attached to the heater valve on the firewall. The valve may be sticking or going bad... New ones available. Cable may be kinked?

on the engine side of the firewall is the heater control valve(where the other end of the cable goes), its probably sticking/stuck from rust and age, spray some Kroil or what have you on it to free it up. If it won;t free up a new one is about $60-70

This is the valve he is talking about A...
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr
Mine was leaking so I replaced the hoses (this was a while ago) and the valve itself was crusty and somewhat rusted from a PO using too much water. I cleaned up with a green and red Scotchbrite and then used lost of penetrating oil on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom