Surf N Turf Kids.....Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kids caravan to Pismo

Hi all we are heading down on fri. morning.Prob. going to leave around 8 or 9.Anyone else heading down fri. am.?

hey ya guys, iam leaving Oxnard area at 10- 11 am friday if anyone else is intrested in going about that same time. see there

I'll be there after the wife gets off work .... Looks like a chance of rain Sunday :eek: I'm putting off throwing the hard top on til FRIDAY MORNING just in case :D Oh yeah ... Bringing my 17 year old Daughter

David,

We should be hitting Pismo around 4pm Friday, and bringing my 3yo :princess: .

I'd be happy to help set up the activities. I'm camping with the SoCal 80's group.

All - Is there public restroom, and some fresh water around camping area? I have 14 months old baby. :)

All - Is there public restroom, and some fresh water around camping area? I have 14 months old baby. :)

There is an out house walking prox. of any camp, but you will need to bring water as there is no means of fresh running water. town is just a stones throw away and we will all have H2O in case your water breaks:D

chalk up 2 kids for this years poster child , emily 6 and erick 2 , in the locked and blown ,Air PIGG ,
gots to wait untill we finish dance class at 6pm friday , so we should hit the sand at around 930 or so .

Tentative Plan:
Create a SnT kids "safe zone." John Suthey is bringing caution tape to mark off an area for the kids to play games, build sand castles, etc. If you have any of those tall safety cones please bring a few. John and I are planning on camping here as well.

Games we are bringing:
Sand toys, rocket stomp, bubbles, kids ball and bat, soccer ball. We will leave this stuff in the middle of the kids area for all to use at anytime.

We can start some of the group activities after the poker run so I'm guessing around 2PM. Look for us at the top of competition hill...we will be the family off to the side jumping off the top of the dunes. Both kids love to "catch big air" and land in the sand.

2PMish some relay races: 3 legged race, egg carrying race, and more...

3PM treasure hunt: Break the kids into 3-4 teams and have them find the treasure of the dread Pirate "Captain Cruiser." The treasure chest will contain assorted parts from Slee, Hanna, MetalTec, 4x4 labs, Warn, etc...

Next: tug o war - kids vs kids, kids vs adults, No Cal 80's vs So Cal 80's : )

Hopefully this will tire them out and get them to sleep early!

After dinner, what do you think about a kids' campfire?

I'm open to any suggestions....never done this before. Please, note times are subject to change based on the moods of the kids : )

Cheers,
David...

GREAT job Davey "Jones" !!!

Remind me I have a couple kids size Cruiser shirts from Specter Off Road for your treasure chest.

Thanks for the effort!

Tug of war NoCal vs SoCal only if Alvaro and Doug don't play! Talk about strong anchors!

Note to self - DO NOT FORGET THE ROPE!

what my kids loved was to do dune sliding...

brought a snow flying saucer, positioned the truck on top of a steep dune with flags aflyin' and somebody up top to keep vigil (need more than 1 truck really as a shield ) and let the little guys rip. Tall dune = high speed = lots of spills = lots of laughs = lots of climbing = lots of sleeping...! :)

trash can lid might do!

anybody needs a babysitter? I've got one CPR trained and all....

anybody needs a babysitter? I've got one CPR trained and all....

How much does she charge? I'm hoping to do some night wheelin' and would rather leave the kids at the campground instead of taking them with me. If she's at all like you I'm sure she's researched all there is to know about babysitting, CPR, necessary babysitting equipment and where to get a good deal on it : )

Seriously, if she's interested she's got a job.

David...

Ige said she would be willing to watch all the little ones:grinpimp: :eek: .

Bringing my 3 yr son and 5 yr daughter. They love games, wheelin, playing with other kids :)

I have two portable DVD players with AV jacks in/out and plenty of movies if some body has a inverter we can run them at night for the kids, which normally puts them out. Or better yet anybody have one of those portable projectors? we used a white blanket accoss some trucks in the past with those for a movie night for the kids who really dug it.

Anyway look forward to meeting everyone and don't foget to bring light sticks, lights for the little ones at night.

Brian
Socal 80's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom