Surf n Turf 2006 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just because you have a 6 inch lift and I only have 2.5 inches? I'll just do like I did in 2004 - follow over a sacrificial lamb if I have to. :D

I don't know if you should advertise the 2.5" bit too much....! :D

Me 3.... I need some help hauling a front bumper from LA area to S&T. Please PM me. :)

It's a front stock bumper from Pasadena, CA. Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks - noticed that high tide Saturday morning is a +6.2. That's up there.

What does this mean to a S&T first timer planning to arrive around 10A Saturday? Would the creek be im-passable for a stocker?

What does this mean to a S&T first timer planning to arrive around 10A Saturday? Would the creek be im-passable for a stocker?

No problem at all. According to Jim, the creek isn't even thru to the surf yet, so by 10 you should have plenty of hard sand. If you feel at all uncomfortable on the sand, and you will for a little while, as it feels like you are squirming all over the place, air your tires down to about 15psi when you hit the sand.

Personally, I haven't even done that driving into camp. Will be needed for playing around back on the dunes Saturday and Sunday tho.

You won't regret coming - great people, and Jim throws one hell of a beach party!!! :bounce2:

Carvan

sjcruiser and I are planning to caravan from Salinas around 8:00am on Saturday. One more person will confirm me next week.
Anyone from Bay Area and Monterey County want to join with us?

:)

Me 3.... I need some help hauling a front bumper from LA area to S&T. Please PM me. :)

Did you snag this from LX_TREME? :grinpimp:
I MIGHT be able to get it for you depending on my work schedule next week. I live North of Pasadena though.
If you still dont have any solid takers PM me.

You gotta watch out for sjcruiser - that guy is a speed demon. :D :)

Did you snag this from LX_TREME? :grinpimp:
I MIGHT be able to get it for you depending on my work schedule next week. I live North of Pasadena though.
If you still dont have any solid takers PM me.

You gotta watch out for sjcruiser - that guy is a speed demon. :D :)

I sure did.... :cool: I will let you know. thank you

I hope I can catch up Frank with my SC. :cool:

Last edited:

I'm arranging to meet with LX and drive out to pick it up for you. strap it to the roof if I have to. j/k consider it done

Will I be okay to traverse the beach with my dodge and trailer in tow around friday night sometime? I have no idea when I'm showing up Friday night, depending on how far I get Thursday night.

I sure did.... :cool: I will let you know. thank you

I hope I can catch up Frank with my SC. :cool:

Hey you speed-demons...make sure to keep it at the speed limit around King City...you don't want to pick up an "infractions" on the way to the dunes...

...don't ask me how I know...

:rolleyes:

Will I be okay to traverse the beach with my dodge and trailer in tow around friday night sometime? I have no idea when I'm showing up Friday night, depending on how far I get Thursday night.

take a look at the tide chart that Jim posted. Make sure to air down your tires on the dodge and the trailer...

Good answer Doug.

LT the Friday night 8:30 PM high tide is minor so it shouldn't be a problem. Arrive at 2:00AM and you'll have a 10 lane freeway of hard pack sand.

When dealing will the beach, surf, sand, etc. I always say use common sense and make the call as you see it - when you see it. The conditions can change quickly. It can be VERY nice and easy or it can be VERY nasty and difficult. Arriving after dark your first time here you should be a little nervous and anxious. That's why it's fun and we like it so much. ;)

The worse thing that can happen is your rig(s) get bogged, caught by the waves and washed out to sea. :D

Jan_2_06_Creek_13.sized.jpg

:D :flipoff2: :D

Hey you speed-demons...make sure to keep it at the speed limit around King City...you don't want to pick up an "infractions" on the way to the dunes...

...don't ask me how I know...

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reminder, Doug. The truck is now lifted and rolling on 33", it's tough enough keeping up with a stocker already - let alone one with a SC :crybaby:

I was too a sacrificed lamb to King City cops - Summer of 1999 to be exact ;p

Hey Ting, I grew up in the "Salad Bowl of the World" I'll be down friday night. I have a rootbeer brown, or as I call it, bubbly bourbon fj60 with a hannaible roof rack and an ARB bump up front. Look me up, we'll talk about row farming and big sur, I'm sure!

NorCal is correct, watch the speedo between Soledad and Paso Robles.

Don't miss the billboard sign the has states "It's happening in Soledad". That's your first clue, ain't nothin' been happening in Soledad for ages...

The long stretch between, including King City and Hunter Ligget is well known for speed traps. King City is after the Eucoliptus Trees wind break and the left curve over straight bridge to right curve passing throught King City. All Ya'll in your "94 + 80 series and up (Yup, you 100's and LX 450's) Pay attention and watch for airplanes, onramps and the like.

Us 40's 45's and 60's will be soluting you crazy fast guys as you fly on by:flipoff2:

Sees ya'll in the sandbox!

Thanks man! I got my very first ticket at the infamous King City when I first got my license visiting Cal Poly for college. I learned my lesson since then.

Last edited:
for those worrying about flags, i just picked one up at our local honda atv dealer for a whopping $9. mounts in any cb antenna sized hole. well worth it for the added visual warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom