STLCA Meeting Minutes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 90 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
It was proposed at last night's Chattanooga meeting that a sticky be put up to ensure all members of the STLCA can see what was discussed at each meeting. Especially since there are two separate meetings occurring so far from one another (Chattanooga and Nashville).

We will try to keep chat to a minimum and keep this thread for club business.
In order for this to work, someone at each meeting needs to post up some minutes!

2/27/14 Chattanooga Meeting

Attendees were Andy, Roger, Hugh, Todd and a potential new member Nick joined after a bit.

• The Appalachian Cruiser were discussed and we welcome them on the scene and wish them good luck. Concerned were raised if the new TLCA chapter could adversely effect overall STLCA membership and the numbers of individuals participating at STLCA trail rides. The answer to the first was certainly. There was no conclusion as to the second question.

GSMTR was discussed - May 12 - 17
    Breakfast was not done the past couple years and this is a great money making opportunity for a club. It was discussed to invite one of the more local clubs to do breakfast and suggested by Nick that if a LC club was not interested to contact a local Boy Scout Troop. No one was nominated to do this.

The rough design for the T-shirt is in and two options were discussed. The group overwhelmingly chose artwork submitted by Larry's daughter and a couple of suggestions were made to make it more event specific. Roger is handling this.

There are only 18 registered for the event thus far. This is not surprising and it goes like this often. After the next major regional events are over, registration will pickup like always but we need to chat it up. So far there are none registered for the expo run.

Sponsors were discussed and brain storming was lead by Nick who has apparently some experience here with some other club events.
    Suggestions were made to go outside of the usual vehicle realm to secure sponsorship from food vendors and other Tennessee companies. Suggestions included Glasspack, Matco Tools, an ice vendor, POR-15, Amsoil and if we might be able to talk a Georgia member in supporting us with welding equipment. We also discussed if we were losing a couple major sponsors this year due to the move of our popular parts guys and the potential move from the US of a large scale vendor (we named names - I won't) ;)

It was noted the overall national TLCA membership is down by nearly half for the same time in 2007.

Finally, with my departure, it was discussed the Jynx be nominated for Secretary which requires him to add to this thread and either write the magazine articles or find someone who can. I noted that TLCA gives the writer a stipend. Andy mentioned that the last two GSMTR articles were the bomb and I took a bow. He also mentioned that he really liked seeing the chapter reports in TLCA a couple times a year. I noted that I fell short trying to get something in Toyota Owners Mag or any other periodical and with the low numbers for TLCA it would be wise to go after some other periodicals.

We had some pretty good food at The Universal Joint and their beer selection was great. We adjourned at about 10pm with the usual parts swapping and I bid my farewell as this is likely my last meeting. :beer:

Thanks for the report, Hugh! Everyone wishes you the best in this next chapter. I'll hopefully get to put a face with a name when you get back!

Cheers, Joel

...via IH8MUD app

Tuesday 4/15/14

Attendees were: Roger, Jacob, Joel, Barry, Rocky and Matthew

This was the first official 3rd Tuesday Meeting since we set the date a few weeks ago. There was some brief discussion about GSMTR and who was planning to attend and what days.

Rocky brought up a couple of good points about email distributions and I will be working with Roger to try and get a distribution list together that I can send to everyone so that we can all stay connected better. I would also like to get everyone's cell phone so that we can also use texts to let folks know when we might be going out and see if others might be interested in the impromptu gathering.

We were very glad to have Barry, our local Toyota Master Tech with us. He has shop in Columbia and also has some connections in the Biz. With his help I think we also decided on the unofficial STLCA Mascot. Welcome everyone PACMAN Frog, Kermit. (googled Image)
Pacman Frog.jpg

We all got a good education on these little monsters at dinner and if you haven't ever heard of them, then I implore you to google them and read up.

Our next meeting date will be May 20th, which is the Tuesday after GSMTR, so as long as everyone makes it back in once piece, we will see you then.
This meeting was my first as the new Secretary and was a relatively uneventful as far as club business. I look forward to seeing everyone at GSMTR in a few weeks. Good luck and God Speed.

I'm looking forward to making it to the next meeting. Where is the Nashville meeting spot and time? I will also be meeting Barry this week when I make it down to his shop for some much needed 4Runner TLC.

Time is generally 7 pm on the 3rd tuesday. Place is generally TBA. We have been alternating between Franklin and Murfreesboro. Franklin seems to be a little closer to several folks so we may try there again, but we will swe closer to the day.

Nashville June 2014

Rocky, Jacob and I had a good visit. One thing that we discussed was that with the new forum software the email notifications have gotten lost, so I am going to try to go thru the current roster and get an email group set up so I can send emails when the meetings are coming up as well as trying to give heads up for events that are coming up close to our area as well. Since there are some other clubs that are having rides at some local parks in the coming months and given proximity it would be easy for us to drop in.

I am also going to try to update my contacts and also see if I can put a group together on my phone to maybe try my hand a mass texts as well.

We also discussed trying to get some of the other local Toyota gearheads out as well. Chris (I think that is right) with his awesome Taco and some other folks. We also talked about trying to put together a rough calendar so that we have a few more regular events on the calendar. Since we are already half way thru this year we might try to hit GMP with the Georgia crew in July and OTMT in August with Upstate, maybe a club cook-out in August or September and a couple of day trips. Rocky will have a new Garage to christen and Erin and I could have a nice bonfire or just sit around a drink beer and maybe shoot stuff (the shooting stuff will require some work before it is safe, but will come in time):smokin:

We also made a semi-executive decision to hold the Nashville meetings in the Franklin/ Cool Springs area since it seems to be central to most of the regulars that attend these days.

We also had some good conversations about the world of RC and how they were as bad or worse than the real things. Billed as a cheap alternative to the real thing, but soo far from the truth.

All in all we had a good time and hope to try to start building a good middle TN core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom