Stereo Upgrade- Inexpensive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=cary link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg81201#msg81201 date=1072653567]
You silly tube guys and your tube rolling!!!! I can guarantee my system is better than yours, been the same for over a year, and no desire to change it!!!!!! Tubes are nice, but I can't afford the big amps I need to run my Maggies so good solid state it is.

Cary
[/quote]

Think about that statement; you have no incling of what my system sounds like unless you listen to it. Also, I never listed what my system components consist of so you really have no incling! I only expressed opinions on what wonderful gear is. Hmmm, what are you worried about supplementing big boy? Besides, why would you care; you like your system, I like mine. I do not compete against anyone except myself...its called self confidence, try it. Having ranted, I do agree that the system you are enjoying is awesome and I understand why you would stick with it for over a year. I also agree with finding something sweet and sticking with it; some of the McIntosh equipment we enjoy has been enjoyed by my family for over fourty years and we have NO intention of changing any amplifier component, so there! BTW Maggies are amazing and I agree that they are thirsty for the type of power that only hefty solid state amps can deliver. A tube amp would struggle with a Maggie unless it was pumping 300 plus watts. Anyways, as I wrote, happy listening, happy riding (tube or solid state mountain bikes) and happy wheeling ( landcruiser of course.) All in good fun, :beer: and fun, for all!!!

Turbocruiser,

You mistook my statement which was intended as a joke. I was responding to your joke that I was jealous. As both of us know the best audio system in the world is the one that the owner is happiest with.

[quote author=cary link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg81354#msg81354 date=1072674026]
Turbocruiser,

You mistook my statement which was intended as a joke. I was responding to your joke that I was jealous. As both of us know the best audio system in the world is the one that the owner is happiest with.
[/quote]

No, sorry, I thought the joking tone of my post was clear but after re-reading it, it was not really all that clear (kinda like solid state equipment when it clips). That's the problem with sarcasm and the written vs. spoken word. Anyways, as I wrote, all in good fun...I have many heated rivalries with solid state friends and I love ribbing the majority! I was only ribbing you, besides, to be truthful my mountain bike has a solid state amp end mated to a tube preamp! The best of both worlds ;) Us tube people are strange but the sonic experience of properly set up tube gear, particularly McIntosh tube gear IMHO, is phenomenal. To repeat though, your system is awesome indeed and I imagine immensely fun to listen to. So, all in fun, :beer: and fun for all. Take Care.

Anyone have a ruler? I want in on this little cat fight :flipoff2:

Can we still get out a ruler? I want to make sure I measure up since being neutered. ;)

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg81538#msg81538 date=1072722310]
Can we still get out a ruler? I want to make sure I measure up since being neutered. ;)
[/quote]

Well, if we got out a ruler and if the conversion scale is watts to inches, then Cary is a monsterous walking tripod and I am but a bitty little boy!!! :-[ :beer: For All!!! Cary, now I'm jealous!!!!!!!! :)

Of course my 600 watts per channel behind the Maggies is like throwing 600 Horsepower in an RV. It sounds impressive until your realize how much load its carrying. Maggies take that old arguement that the first watt is the most important and change it to the first 1KW is the most important.

Cary

I want a verification on the spelling of "incling". Where's -B- when ya need him? ;)

[quote author=97cruiser link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=msg81643#msg81643 date=1072736788]
I want a verification on the spelling of "incling". Where's -B- when ya need him? ;)
[/quote]

Yea, my english teacher would be worried...it should have been inkling, bad spellers of the world untie!!! :beer: For All.

LOL..... aha I knew it :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom