Starting Land Cruiser 105 1HZ after two years of sitting. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I will be firing up my 1HZ powered LC after a little over two years of sitting in the garage. What fuse or fuel line I need to disconnect to preventing it from starting the engine?
I want the engine oil to circulate inside the engine before it starts.
Thanks!

Just disconnect the fuel cut off solenoid. It's on the backside (firewall side) of the fuel pump. It should have one wire going to it.

Once that is disconnected, it will shut off fuel to the engine, but you can still crank.

Even easier, you could pull a fuse in the dash panel for the engine. It will allow the engine to crank, but no glow or anything else engine related will function.

Just put fresh oil in it and fire it up. Watch the oil pressure gauge to be sure it comes up to pressure.

I'd expect it to take 30 seconds of cranking to get fuel to injectors, it should come up to pressure by the time it fires

Just put fresh oil in it and fire it up. Watch the oil pressure gauge to be sure it comes up to pressure.

I'd expect it to take 30 seconds of cranking to get fuel to injectors, it should come up to pressure by the time it fires
Doesn't the little fuel filter pumper thing fill up the lines manually? I always do that when changing the filter, and it cranks up pretty quickly.

But good point on the extended crank filling up the oil galleys for you. That would work great.

I am planning to do an oil change too, but I want to mix Liqui moly 2037 engine oil flush chemical to the old oil before I replace it with fresh oil.
I changed the engine oil before I parked it two years ago.

Doesn't the little fuel filter pumper thing fill up the lines manually? I always do that when changing the filter, and it cranks up pretty quickly.

But good point on the extended crank filling up the oil galleys for you. That would work great.

The prime pump will push fuel into the main body of the injection pump, but it doesn't push fuel through closed valves to the injector lines

I am planning to do an oil change too, but I want to mix Liqui moly 2037 engine oil flush chemical to the old oil before I replace it with fresh oil.
I changed the engine oil before I parked it two years ago.

I'd skip the weird oil voodoo. Particularly if you changed the oil when parked.

A year ago, i sold an 1hz engine. Ihad it mounted on a dolly so o could move it.
Before i sold it i rigged it so i could start.
First start after sitting 4+ years, took maybe 30 seconds of cranking

OK to make sure the oil is fresh and good but from an engine cranking perspective, to me, sitting 24 months is quite like 1 or 4 months. I mean “lubricaly“ talking, the oil will be all at the bottom in all the same manner.

It’s not like the first dry start after a rebuild.

I do nothing special when I take out my 3B, 12HT and 1HDFTE powered Landcruiser after the winter storage which is like between 4 to 5 months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom