sport vs. other options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a decent 470 in sport model. Im reading so many bad things about Nav and speaker BS should I just find a regular one without NAV...?
IS sport model KDSS that nice..? I don't really care about the dark trim, couldn't care less really.

I'm looking for one too and as far as i can tell, you basically dont want one with nav. the KDSS gets mixed reviews, but my understanding is its quite nice

Sport trim is a nice package, smoked front headlights, dark interior trim, KDSS, etc. The in-dash nav incorporates the HVAC controls, so you can't just ditch it and replace with a current aftermarket setup. The in-dash nav system is 8-13 years old, and map updates don't freshen the interface at all, the older ones no longer have map updates available, and no matter what they kind of suck.

If I could change any 2 things on our GX470, it would be dark interior instead of tan, and no factory nav. And if I could change a 3rd it would get better fuel economy, lol.

I found a decent 470 in sport model. Im reading so many bad things about Nav and speaker BS should I just find a regular one without NAV...?
IS sport model KDSS that nice..? I don't really care about the dark trim, couldn't care less really.

I have a 2009 Sport. It is that nice. The nav stereo sounds better than the non-nav. Get a bluetooth adapter and use your phone for all your audio.

Last edited:
KDSS is more maintence for sure. It's not cheap to repair. If not for that it could be cool on a mild build. But I am too cheap for that stuff.

If it's nice go for it. I ended up replacing my steering wheel and wrapping my wood trim pieces with 3m stuff, so I made my trim dark. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely wouldn't want nav and ML, but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying a nice, clean truck.

This is my interior

I agree with Blackcat. Had I researched more before I bought mine I probably would've tried to find one without nav, but that being said I wouldn't pass up on a great find just because it has nav and ML. I get past the nav part because my iPhone Plus is the center of my nav and music needs so having the touchscreen isn't a deal breaker for me. The ML sound is really good too.

Agree with non NAV too. Most comes with Nav though. Aftermarket Pionner or Kenwood Nav wins hands on, with some decent speakers and amp you are way ahead of the factory stuffs.

My iPad works great for GPS. Choose your app for what you want! Stereo is alpine and sounds amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom