source for aisin carb jets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if anyone knows if jets can be bought for the stock aisin carbs. I've just finished disassmebling the carb from my 86 22r and the secondary jet was so gouged up that I almost couldn't get a screwdriver to bite, but I did finally get it out. I can't read any numbers on it so I'm thinking that the previous owner did some screwing around with the jets and I'd like to get the whole thing back to stock. Maybe weber jets would work? Anyone know what the sizes are for a stock 22r carb? Thanks in advance.

Well, I finished up the rebuild and everything went very well. I've been drivng the 86 truck for about a week now and didn't even have to make any adjustments once installed. I need to poke around a bit to figure out why it doesn't want to start in the morning, but once started, it runs great.

I'd still like to find out about jet replacement and if anybody knows the cause of small backfires on deceleration that would be awesome. The truck backfires less than before, but it's still there.

So...dragging up an old thread. I have been driving around since Feb without tuning my carb. It hasn't started well in the morning but once warm has been running well.

Today I spent some time tinkering around and figured out that when I put my choke back together, I hadn't wound the spring correctly inside the housing so hopefully that solves my cold start issue. I figured while I was at it I would adjust my air/fuel mixture and idle speed. I'm following the adjust mixture for max rpms then adjust idle speed down from there and repeat method. By doing this I've got the rpms up to about 1300, but I can't adjust it down using the idle speed screw. I can raise the rpms by turning in the idle speed screw, just can't get them to come down. Any ideas?

By the way, this write up is what I've been following and seems a lot more friendly that the FSM. 22R Carburetor FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom