Slow Electric Windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone has removed the weather stripping and cleaned like this?

I'm intrigued....

it's been considered :rofl:

I did that exact procedure. I also used some rubber conditioner I found on Amazon. It helped for sure. But still slow in the winter for some reason. Warmer weather it's been great. FYI when you take out the rear seal it does not go in as easy as the front. There is a metal track that ever so slightly gets in the way....at least on my truck.

Thanks, everyone. Just the encouragement I needed! I'm ok with slow but in the winter I don't even like to roll them down for fear they'll get stuck.

.. when you take out the rear seal it does not go in as easy as the front. There is a metal track that ever so slightly gets in the way..
yep - its a bit of a pain getting over that groove

interesting that he didn't actually show the re-installation of the guides. Wonder why? Also I see he has the door panel off... guess it didn't go as easy as he thought so he just skipped it?

I managed to repair/reuse an original motor by disassembly and taking the drive system of the motor apart and enlarging the housing around the bigger gear (going on memory...). What I found before rework was the radial gear load during lift had worn the inner diameter of the large gear allowing it to shift and bind against the housing. I added maybe .04 clearance and it works good as when I first bought the truck. This was not hard to do once the motor was out. Have also found when the switches in the doors go neither the door switch or the drivers master switch wont work or will work poorly. Replacing the door switch has worked on at least on door so far which might save a door disassembly (guess how I figured out it was the switch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom