Power windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an issue I cannot solve, maybe someone has a suggestion we're to look.

From the driver's side both rear windows go up and down.
However I cannot control the front windows at bot side. Control on the Passenger side also does not function.

I think the fuse is the same for all windows so this cannot be the issue. Also the relais must ok, the rear windows work.

No difference when I disconnect the passenger side.

Yes, up/down driver seat u/s, passenger seat u/s from master switch and from passenger seat.
2nd row working normal.

I checked the manual and tested the master switch for continuity. I think this one is faulty. However I do not understand why the second row functions, these windows are basically connected the same way as the passenger seat.

It sounds like your switches are worn out. It happened to mine. The plastic "pin" that pushes down on the circuit wears with age. I had good luck with these:

It sounds like your switches are worn out. It happened to mine. The plastic "pin" that pushes down on the circuit wears with age. I had good luck with these:
Yes there are loads of them on aliexpress. That is where I bought mine 5 years ago.
It is not a push down pin but a closed slider inside the unit.
I will test the motors tomorrow from the master connector side, see what happens.

Yes there are loads of them on aliexpress. That is where I bought mine 5 years ago.
It is not a push down pin but a closed slider inside the unit.
I will test the motors tomorrow from the master connector side, see what happens.
You were right, in the original it is a push pin. I tried the original unit, exactly the same problem. I will remove the doorpanel tomorrow.

You were right, in the original it is a push pin. I tried the original unit, exactly the same problem. I will remove the doorpanel tomorrow.
Found the issue. Both front motors are Chinese replacements and are both full of water. I don't understand where this came as they are supposed to be sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom