Side Mirror Cover + LED Signal Blinker Light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,
Has anyone ever tried the product below;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2006-L...Lexus|Model:LX470&hash=item3f1bc30630&vxp=mtr

I have seen a Landcruiser/ Lexus with the side mirror blinkers (on the outside) and LED signal arrow lights (inside) before. I think they look pretty good actually.

I like them particularly due to the fact that installation is easily reversible.

What would be the best approach for the wiring route to connect to the blinker lights?

Thanks.

Nope, but I wish I would have seen that ad about a year or so ago when I had to replace the PS mirror. I might have gone that route.

At $100 bucks - and like you said "easily reversible" - it's worth a try.

If you get it, let us know how it works.

I'd be interested if I knew the lights could take a beating, but I know the way I treat my mirrors on the trail, they'd be cracked in a week.

If I am reading the description correctly, these are not replacement mirrors, but instead are covers that adhere to your existing mirrors.

If that is the case, it seems like little value for $99?

If I am reading the description correctly, these are not replacement mirrors, but instead are covers that adhere to your existing mirrors.

If that is the case, it seems like little value for $99?

^This.

Cool concept I suppose, but I'd rather get a set of Muth Signal Mirrors and actually have the LED chevron built into the glass.
http://www.muthco.com/products/vehicles/?make=Toyota&model=Land+Crusier&submit=Search

The mirror covers seem fine for street use but would probably get boogered up on the trail...and they may or may not damage the host mirror, depending on how they mount.

The Muth solution wins hands down on quality and cost. I've got one cracked mirror molding and this might be a good solution. Probably about the same cost as finding a used mirror and having it painted.

The Muth-thingy looks like it is only the mirror glass, not the housing, so you would need both products to get:
1: a new cover
2: outside/front led blinkers
3: led arrow in the glass

Took another look at Muth, and you're right - the signal leds are in the glass. No cover involved.
The stick-on covers are waaaay too ricey for me.
I'm back to gluing my cracked original :-(

How much space is behind the OEM cover? Why not find an amber LED module and retro it just like people retro the camping lights onto the hatch. Something like the FJ lights. Can anybody take a picture with the mirror off? I think I have something at work that would work nicely.

Yes, the Muth signal mirrors are just that - replacement mirrors. I was just saying that if I were going to put additional signal lighting on my car, that would be the way I'd do it as opposed to attaching a cap over the existing mirror cover. Rather than the front/side facing signals mounted in the mirror caps posted above, from a functional perspective I think the rear facing mirror signals make more sense.

I did a little bit more research into this. It is a plastic cover (well, the actual side mirror has a plastic casing anyway). It comes primed ready for exterior paint matching.

The hardest part with the process would be to do the wiring. This involves removal of the door panels, snaking the connection wires through the rubber grommet at the bottom of the door assembly. Then tapping into the turn signal wires.

Also, if your truck still has the factory running/ step boards, you can tap the lighting signal wire and have the side mirror cover illuminate (paddle light) together with the running boards illumination dome upon pressing the lock/ unlock button on the key-less entry remote.

Like I said, the whole process is easily reversible; Installation of this product involves complete replacement (Exchange with original stock mirror cover) which re-uses every original screw points, installed exactly like the existing mirror. In other words, remove the inner core components of the OEM side mirror cover and transfer them into the replacement. That simple. :)

If anyone has access to an electrical wiring diagram for the set of wires that run underneath the driver side door sill, I am determined to tackle the project.

Thanks.

Last edited:
So i was watching a youtube video for a LC in Russia and it's got what appears to be factory side mirrors with built in turn signals. If it is factory would be good to get a part# for it.

1648581306743.png

I installed a chrome housing but not the lights. Keep in mind, those Chinese LED lights are junk! Wiring is not ba, you have to run two wires through the door panels/wire harness to respective light bulb in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom