1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saginaw power steering

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by wayne_fj40, May 22, 2003.

1. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

Yes I have a sag power steering conversion,and was wondering when I had the lines made and then hooked it all up now when I start it It just turns hard left on Its own,and will not return so now its disconnected so I can turn it I checked the valves at the gear box and the pump they move free the only thing I can think is are they backwards?But the valve should be on the pressure side right that how it is on my TA and my old chev truck So I dont know ???

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    might be reversed lines...the larger nut/fitting on the box is the pressure side, the smaller nut/fitting is the return side...

option B is a junked spool valve in the box itself, which means rebuilding/replacing....

hope for option A :G

3. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

Thanks f@#$ thats what I did not want to hear.The pressure is the bigger nut :'(

4. woody

Media:
    hehehe...ya got yer nuts crossed...that's gotta hurt!

5. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

No I think that came out wrong,the pressure is the bigger hole now so if your right my gear box is hosed not a fun weekend. :tear:

6. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

Woody just go on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And think of this the whole time your gone hehe :G while I'm busting my (nuts) fixing the prob :G

7. woody

Media:
    contact Matt at West Texas Offroad.com...he'll help ya out and tell ya what the fix is....great guy, gotta order my hydro ram from him soon....

8. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

Thanks Woody,I called Matt It sounds like the gear box is shot I'm calling around now :G