Builds ROTW - Manrigdude (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t have that many action shots yet since I just got it put together but here’s a couple.
Cheers.
DSCN6344.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg
DSCN6830.jpg

that thing is sweet! great rig, its like a mans garage on wheels.

Nice write up!!!! I really like your drawer system. I am going to have to take few of your ideas for that when I make mine.

WOW.....man you don't mess around dude.. Its got that survivalist/expedition look. You went out and got it all. Very cool I love it. Whats your wife say about that? LOL.

ManrigDude said:
Then, the bitchin’ would really start on Monday morning when my wife got in to go to work. “My car smells like cigars” “why is there empty .22 brass all over the floor of my car?” You know, the typical complaints. So, I decided I needed a “Man Rig” (hence the user name) for my activities that I could modify without constraints of a daily driver.

Very very nice. looks like you went out bought a truck and made it right. Your truck is well done with all of the important modifications. Your rig is what were trying to do. I definately think the black rims make a big difference.
I am puzzled. I thought this was "man rig"? I'm thinking your guy card might be in jeopardy with your choice of "step sliders". I also have to say that I bet your wife is eating a little crowe right now. She's got to be envyous of your cruiser. I think it's time to sell the burb and get a second cruiser. :idea: Nicely and efficiently done.
Teresa

"Landcruiser, everything else just sucks"

Awsome looking truck. Great write up. Man these ROTW's are getting good. I don't think I will ever be able to do one on my rig.

Very well done. I like the fire extinguisher location.

wow, very impressive. I noticed membership here since October 2005 Have you done all that since then?

all the power mods are very interesting. using all the warn quick connects to hook everything together is a good idea. I dislike the cigarette lighter solution profoundly.

the only thing I would question if the fire extinguisher location. that thing is a potential missile where you have it. I am sure the seatbelt bolt is sturdy but what if you hit something with enough force to sheer the bolt? I'd have to be pretty convinced it won't break loose.

NIce rig...HOw come a winch in the rear mounted to the top of the cargo box ? Just using it as an outlet point? The rear is way lower after all the gear is on the truck. nice build.

NorCalSam said:
WOW.....man you don't mess around dude.. Its got that survivalist/expedition look. You went out and got it all. Very cool I love it. Whats your wife say about that? LOL.

I think she's just glad I have an outlet and that I'm not doing this stuff to her Suburban!

Little Boss said:
I am puzzled. I thought this was "man rig"? I'm thinking your guy card might be in jeopardy with your choice of "step sliders". I also have to say that I bet your wife is eating a little crowe right now. She's got to be envyous of your cruiser. I think it's time to sell the burb and get a second cruiser. :idea: Nicely and efficiently done.
Teresa

"Landcruiser, everything else just sucks"

Thanks Teresa. Regarding the step sliders (and potential reduction of manliness), I liked the design of them because they a) give me something to stand when loading gear in the roof rack and b) give me a good Hi Lift jacking point the full length of the rig.

semlin said:
wow, very impressive. I noticed membership here since October 2005 Have you done all that since then?

all the power mods are very interesting. using all the warn quick connects to hook everything together is a good idea. I dislike the cigarette lighter solution profoundly.

the only thing I would question if the fire extinguisher location. that thing is a potential missile where you have it. I am sure the seatbelt bolt is sturdy but what if you hit something with enough force to sheer the bolt? I'd have to be pretty convinced it won't break loose.

Semlin, I bought the Cruiser I sometime last Spring and started the transformation right away. I read this forum as a guest for several months researching mods and accessories before becoming a member.

Regarding the fire extinguisher location, I hear you but I really think it is there to stay. I figure the seatbelt bolt was built to withstand a 200+ lb human yanking on it in a crash so my 5 lb fire extinguisher should be OK. I drilled a hole in the extinguisher bracket and then mounted it with a large washer to spread the potential load. I also used a couple of sheet metal screws through the bracket and into the sheet metal. Then it just comes down to the strength of the strap which I believe was designed for boat/motor vehicle use so . . . . I don't know. You have a point though.

PKP80 said:
NIce rig...HOw come a winch in the rear mounted to the top of the cargo box ? Just using it as an outlet point? The rear is way lower after all the gear is on the truck. nice build.

The winch in back is just for use if I end up nose-down in some revine and need to extract the rig from behind. It slides into the tow receiver in the rear bumper and then plugs into the power outlet. I would never have spent the money for a rear winch but I already had it from the Suburban. I just put it in (and strap it down) when not traveling with other rigs.

Nice Rig!!!

I like the drawers with the dividers. Also the work lamps in the rear with the three-way switch. That is something I want to accomplish someday soon. :cheers:

How did you rig your front lights to the high beams? I'm running some 130 watt KC's on the front of mine and am getting tired of having to flip the switch every time. What all is needed to wire it?

Your rig is awesome. The write up was superb, keep cruisin. :cheers:

-Nick

Excellent write up.:cheers:

Excellent rig.:eek:

Thanks for contributing.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom