Rivian R1S vs LC thoughts? (2 Viewers)

Would you trade in your Land Cruiser for a Rivian R1S/R1T?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is not what was said. You seem to pick and choose a lot here and like to play on words when you know damn well what is being said OR are just too stupid to comprehend it. I am going with the first because I don't think you are stupid.

You joined the army, you know what it entails...that also is a choice. So yes, that is beside the point so why make it?

Your last point is ignoring mine, so lets put a simulated situation on it. If you were told you were most likely to get sick, but if you took this pill, it might make your symptoms less, but have no real data on what it's going to do to you later on in life. If you didn't take it, you more than likely will just get flu symptoms or less. Would you take it? I wouldn't. What's the plus side here for young healthy people?

Old or comorbid people, the risks are different. So then would the choice be different.

Emphasis on CHOICE.

Dudeee that .2 percent is about the lockdowns still man, I am not talking about thaaaaat. Surely you know damn well that is what its about OR are just too stupid to comprehend it. I am going with the first because I'm trying to be nice (just borrowing a line from you). talk about picking and choosing and pots calling kettles black...

I literally have only been asking if you think its better to get covid or the vaccine, which I think you finally did answer. The answer makes me think we are operating on two different sets of (I'll call them this generously in your favor) facts, because your best evidence of it not working is literally a video of a guy just saying it doesn't work. That's not how evidence works man, its just an instagram video.

Since our threshold for what is considered evidence is so vastly different, I think we can't really talk about this with the goal of making any headway, because you will always shoot down my sources, and yours will always be bad (mostly a joke, calm down).

Last edited:
Dudeee that .2 percent is about the lockdowns still man, I am not talking about thaaaaat. Surely you know damn well that is what its about OR are just too stupid to comprehend it. I am going with the first because I'm trying to be nice. talk about picking and choosing and pots calling kettles black...

I literally have only been asking if you think its better to get covid or the vaccine, which I think you finally did answer. The answer makes me think we are operating on two different sets of (I'll call them this generously in your favor) facts, because your best evidence of it not working is literally a video of a guy just saying it doesn't work. That's not how evidence works man, its just an instagram video.

Since our threshold for what is considered evidence is so vastly different, I think we can't really talk about this with the goal of making any headway, because you will always shoot down my sources, and yours will always be bad (mostly a joke, calm down).
LOL...ok. The video is of guys testifying. They are real experts and present real data. If you do a mild amount of searching on the net is easily checked and verified

I've answered your question multiple times. In which I mention multiple times that your question is not a valid one. You still get COVID regardless of the vaccine. It doesn't prevent contraction. What you ask isn't even a valid question. So who's "sets of facts" is really in error here?

LOL...ok. The video is of guys testifying. They are real experts and present real data. If you do a mild amount of searching on the net is easily checked and verified

I've answered your question multiple times. In which I mention multiple times that your question is not a valid one. You still get COVID regardless of the vaccine. It doesn't prevent contraction. What you ask isn't even a valid question. So who's "sets of facts" is really in error here?
Lol, I'd ignore that .2 percent oversight too if I were you. How embarrassing.

You finally got the point, I think. So the vaccine lessens symptoms right? Still with me? the less sick you are, the less the long term impact of being sick is on your body.

So like, getting the vaccine is wise if you want to not get as sick when you get it. (not to mention it can cause asymptomatic cases which is a ****ing win).

A major thing that has come from all this is how rough viruses are on our body, and preventing that is always preferrable to getting a full blown case.

Editing just to make it clear, the article he cited has a study that only mentions the 'lockdown' impact, not the vaccine, but in true 2023 fashion, he didn't ****ing even read it. lol. Jfc.

Last edited:
Lol, I'd ignore that .2 percent oversight too if I were you. How embarrassing.

You finally got the point, I think. So the vaccine lessens symptoms right? Still with me? the less sick you are, the less the long term impact of being sick is on your body.

So like, getting the vaccine is wise if you want to not get as sick when you get it. (not to mention it can cause asymptomatic cases which is a f***ing win).

A major thing that has come from all this is how rough viruses are on our body, and preventing that is always preferrable to getting a full blown case.
Tell that to the guys at John Hopkins.

Versus not knowing how it affects you long term because that is totally unknown? I know darn well I will survive the flu or less. Have done it many times and am still healthy. So no, it is not a win.

If you do, then you do you. Making everyone take the same risk you seem appropriate for you is straight up totalitarian.

Central Florida huh? I lived in Tampa for 2 1/2 years and then Pensacola for another 8 1/2 years. I am seriously thinking about getting the hell out of California and moving back to Pensacola or north Georgia to be closer to my brother. Was born in Atlanta. Went through my first hurricane in Tampa - Donna. I don't know what I would do with my LC in Florida though. I love the geography here in California, I live in the mountains and in a half day's drive, I can be in the desert, beach, Death Valley, redwoods, Sierras, or not so much anymore, Vegas. I just can't abide Sacramento anymore. This place has gone crazy.

Central Florida huh? I lived in Tampa for 2 1/2 years and then Pensacola for another 8 1/2 years. I am seriously thinking about getting the hell out of California and moving back to Pensacola or north Georgia to be closer to my brother. Was born in Atlanta. Went through my first hurricane in Tampa - Donna. I don't know what I would do with my LC in Florida though. I love the geography here in California, I live in the mountains and in a half day's drive, I can be in the desert, beach, Death Valley, redwoods, Sierras, or not so much anymore, Vegas. I just can't abide Sacramento anymore. This place has gone crazy.
I feel ya. My plan is to move to Tennessee. My brother and I planned it out. He is up there already and is building on 50 acres. Lots of water and isolated but just +30 minutes to the big box stores. As soon as it's ideal, I'm up there myself.

Wow, this has really gone off the rails since lunch time. Are we still in the 200 section? IB lock :facepalm:

I feel ya. My plan is to move to Tennessee. My brother and I planned it out. He is up there already and is building on 50 acres. Lots of water and isolated but just +30 minutes to the big box stores. As soon as it's ideal, I'm up there myself.
I have thought also about the Marysville area / Cades Cove and such. There is some great off-roading there. Plus, Tennessee, along with Georgia and Florida are rather tax-friendly for retirees. I was thinking about Asheville, as my grandmother lived there and I have some rather fond memories of that area but Asheville has now become the San Francisco of the east. What a shame. My older brother, who is the only blood relative I have left, (excluding my son) is in Atlanta. He is thinking about moving to somewhere in north Georgia, around Hartwell or north of Dahlonega. I would like to be close to some water for my kayaking. My family was first in Georgia in 1763. My son was the first generation since that time to be born outside of Georgia. Now that I am in my mid sixties, there is a little voice in my head that is telling me it is time to go home.

Edit: I don't know why I am bothering, we have no common ground, you think everything you don't believe is a big con/lie and everyone else is tricked but you.

I could post literally anything and you can find a "counter source" for it, albeit disingenuous like all the others you posted (including the Fauci thing).

I'm not a doomer, but I think people and emissions can impact our planet, cause of like looking around me. Not sure how that is controversial.
Yes I don't "believe in it" because science and climate is not a religion for me. It is for you.

Those "counter sources" are simply people pointing out that "12 years to save the planet" predictions in 2006, that we are at "the end of snow" etc. etc never came true.

The planet has been around for millions (Billions) of years. It is the height of human arrogance to think ANYTHING you do can have a positive or negative impact on it. Mother nature is stronger than you give her credit for.

Last edited:
It's funny how you can't see the very bubble you live in. You mention that you could post literally anything and someone can find a counter source albeit disengenuous. That's exactly what you could be doing. What makes you automatically right?

Looking around you does not fall into any scientific method whatsoever.
"What makes you automatically right?"

His arrogance...

Yes I don't "believe in it" because science and climate is not a religion for me. It is for you.

Those "counter sources" are simply people pointing out that "12 years to save the planet" predictions in 2006 never came true.

The planet has been around for millions (Billions) of years. It is the height of human arrogance to think ANYTHING you do can have a positive or negative impact on it. Mother nature is stronger than you give her credit for.
One last post on this thread and then done.

In the last 5.2 million years, the sea level has varied by over 640 feet. 5.2 MYA, St. Louis was on the Gulf. 15,000 YA, the sea level was 390 lower than today as evidenced by the caves at the bottom of the Belize Great Blue Hole. 120,000 YA, the sea level was 20 feet higher than today as evidenced by shoreline deposits in the Bahamas and Papua New Guinea. According to Algore, a 20 foot rise in sea level is the end of time. So I ask: What is the normal sea level?

About 8000YA the Earth was in a period called the Holocene Climatic Optimum. The average temperature in the northern regions was about 3-4 degrees C warmer than today. There was another back in the Eocene. Then, there was the Medieval Warming Period that ended in the 12th century when the Earth went into the Little Ice Age. It came on in a matter of decades and lasted until the mid 19th century. 8000 YA, Glacier NP in northwest Montana had no glaciers and had a climate similar to central Florida today. You can go onto the NP's website and read about it.

The Earth's climate is not static. We do not really know what precipitates the changes; when we run our climate models in reverse, they do not accurately predict what we already know has happened. With that in mind, how reliable are the predictions going forward? There are many theories as to what is going on which I will not get into here.

The O2 level in the atmosphere has been decreasing over the last 20 MY. We do not know why.

A graph of CO2 and temp over geologic time, take for what it's worth: You can find the source for yourself.

temp-co2-570-million-years.jpg

Do humans negatively impact the environment? Of course, as does every living creature. It is the price of living. How much do we impact? Don't know, as we do not know what has caused past climate variations and therefore do not have a yardstick for comparisons today. Does that mean we can just willy nilly be wasteful and disregard the environment? Again, of course not. I do not need the threat of impending environmental Armageddon to try and minimize my environmental impact. Minimizing one's impact on the environment, for me, is just good manners.

As for the Rivian, I find them a bore, a big yawn, not to mention, they are butt ugly with the face of a flat-chested girl. The only thing uglier is the Tesla door wedge.

So there.

Thread is closed as it took a larger tangent into pure chat. Ok to discuss the technical deltas between the Rivian and 200, but the last 3 pages have been vaccines, politics etc. Not cool in tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom