Retinting front windows and will have extra Viper Ceramic 30% (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tint arrived today (thanks again, ScottyD!) and I took it straight to the tint shop. It has been like 6 months of foreplay since the day I started searching for it.

Paid $30 for the install and it looks terrific! The tint guy was skeptical about how good it would match because it looked black, but when he was done he was amazed at how close it was to the factory color and reflection. He even said he personally would be happy with it if it was his car, especially since they can't get any tint that would come close to matching. I'd say it's just slightly more brown than the factory tint at certain angles, and a little lighter as well... but the reflection is an absolute perfect match!

Tint arrived today (thanks again, ScottyD!) and I took it straight to the tint shop. It has been like 6 months of foreplay since the day I started searching for it.

Paid $30 for the install and it looks terrific! The tint guy was skeptical about how good it would match because it looked black, but when he was done he was amazed at how close it was to the factory color and reflection. He even said he personally would be happy with it if it was his car, especially since they can't get any tint that would come close to matching. I'd say it's just slightly more brown than the factory tint at certain angles, and a little lighter as well... but the reflection is an absolute perfect match!
pics?

Following ! Darn I missed out on that initial 9 sets!

All 9 sheets have been sold. I put in a call to the supplier that I got the tint from a year ago so there might be a chance that I could get some more since there still seems to be a need for it. When I hear back from him I'll post the results.

Definitely put me on the list!!

If they have 20% or lower I'd still be interested!

I sent you a PM. Definitely put me on the list for one set.

First in line, yet missed out :bang:

Let me know if you get any more.

Installed on Wednesday:D, T-Boned on Thursday :(. Looked nice while it lasted.

image.jpeg

Please also put me on that list if you manage to get any more!

@ScottyD did you get answer about ordering more of the viper tint or do you have any suggestions as to finding some? I've been searching for this tint to no avail. I'm new to LC (just got 2001) and these forums so learning as I go...

@ScottyD did you get answer about ordering more of the viper tint or do you have any suggestions as to finding some? I've been searching for this tint to no avail. I'm new to LC (just got 2001) and these forums so learning as I go...
Viper no longer produces the tint so Scotty cant order it. Nobody else has been able to find any, maybe check with a couple local shops and see if they have a close match.

I'm in the process of re-tinting my front, two windows. I believe my LC had this on it when I transferred it from Indianapolis because whatever I had matched. When the sheriff's department in KY inspected my LC they told me that my tint on the front two windows was below the 30% limit (29.7 or something) so I had to cut it off with a razor blade.

My wife tried to take it to a local tint shop but they put smoked tint on it and I haven't been happy with it since. I have located a shop that can order Viper Ceramic 30% tint but I'll have to buy the roll which means I will have extra.

I looked at a similar post back in 2012 and I plan on selling the extra. I'm not a vendor and I don't work for a tint shop but I will have extra tint so I plan on cutting the 40" roll every 42" like the previous LC owner. It would be $60 for a 40"X42" sheet or $100 for two (no inflation since 2012). I plan on using Wal-Mart poster tubes to ship and shipping is included in the price listed above (free shipping). PayPal or cash are the only two methods of payment. If your interested please post and I'll go down the list, "first come and paid" first served.

Remember I am not a professional so the tint will be hand cut every 42" with a pair of scissors so it may not be exactly 90 degree cuts. Also recommend you don't let the shop that you plan on using cut the tint with their plotter. I remember a post where the plotter cut the tint short, so if you need more you'll need to go back on the list.

Do you still have this tint that I could purchase? I will only need to do my front two windows.

Thanks

Do you still have this tint that I could purchase? I will only need to do my front two windows.

Thanks
Viper ceramic tint and Lumar bronze tint have gone the way of the Dodo bird. Nothing to order.

A good tint guy can get the tint looking good, but it requires tint on ALL the windows, different tint on rear bits than front windows. Can't do just the fronts and have it come even close to matching.

IMG_20180908_121600.jpg

Last edited:
Viper ceramic tint and Lumar bronze tint have gone the way of the Dodo bird. Nothing to order.

A good tint guy can get the tint looking good, but it requires tint on ALL the windows, different tint on rear bits than front windows. Can't do just the fronts and have it come even close to matching.

View attachment 1803606

So...Basically start over and tint all windows, as opposed to trying to match the rear windows?

So...Basically start over and tint all windows, as opposed to trying to match the rear windows?

Depending on the rear you will never match the rear, mirror reflective tint is almost illegal in all 50 states now so manufacturers don’t use it anymore. And most companies sell it but it is rarely used.

In NC anything darker than 35 on the fronts is illegal also.

The Viper ceramic in bronze is the best and closest match to do your front windows with. I’m doing it once it arrives but im also having them put 20% regular smoked 3M on the rears. From the outside it will still look reflective (2000 model LC) but it will be harder to see in through it as it’ll be darker.

Make sense?

Also I don’t think you can remove the mirrored bronze in the factory glass. It’s permanent IIRC.

I’ll do a few before and after pics when I’m finished with mine.

Last edited:
Depending on the rear you will never match the rear, mirrorreflective tint is almost illegal in all 50 states now so manufacturers don’t use it anymore. And most companies sell it but it is rarely used.

The Viper ceramic in bronze is the best and closest match to do your front windows with. I’m doing it once it arrives but im also having them put 20% regular smoked 3M on the rears. Front the outside it will still look reflective (2000 model LC) but it will be harder to see in through it as it’ll be darker.

Make sense?

I’ll do a few before and after pics too.

Makes Sense...Thanks.

This thread is still alive? Sorry I couldn't find anymore and if someone has some there not sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom