Replacement vinyl for top of door card (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone knows where to get replacement vinyl for the top porting of the door card? Or as close to the original color as possible. Im having no luck
1711576997085.png

A good upholstery shop should be able to do it, I took my door cards on to a custom upholstery guy and he replaced the top vinyl fabric with a near exact match in color and texture. Only reason the color wasn’t perfect match was likely due to fading over the years.

As far as I know that piece was only serviceable with an entire new door card. I brought mine to a reputable upholsterer only after I peeled away the fake-leather and glued the plastic pieces together so it wouldn’t crumble any further.

IMG_1101.jpeg

Try searching for your year and model on this site:

I have no idea where they're getting their data, but it looked reasonably close to me. Alternatively, you have to go to an upholstery supply house and look through every swatch book they have. It's going to be difficult or impossible to find an exact match. Automotive styling has moved on, and so have the colors and textures. I've been looking for a perfect match for bluish gray for years and still haven't found it, though I've found plenty of reasonably close or complementary options.

You can also look at the Detroit Book for your year, but they seem to have really limited listings for Toyota:

Is that all you need for your LC?

It'll never match the other three, it'll be new and the others are faded.
I went went different in texture and look, but kept the natural colours in the "wood" trim.

I can't find the thread on making hte door sill covers but here's a pic, driver's side.
1711628530300.png

The other three are just the same. Its acctually a very easy job to recover them. I did them all in a weekend at my dining room table. You'll need some 3M spray adhesive, an T50 staple gun with 1/4" or 3/8" staples, a needle nose pliers, sissors and the material of choice.
The underlayment is a thin foam, it looks like the same stuff used under vinyl plank floors. I couldn't figure out what it was when I did mine, so I used 100% wool felt.
The center consol cover was done to match, but with a double layer of padding.
1711628872889.png

As far as I know that piece was only serviceable with an entire new door card. I brought mine to a reputable upholsterer only after I peeled away the fake-leather and glued the plastic pieces together so it wouldn’t crumble any further.

View attachment 3592786

Is that all you need for your LC?
For the most part the LC is sorted. (Only one strange issue, I start driving and after about a mile, my speedo goes away, then after about 2.5 more miles it starts to work again and is good for rest of the day???? happens every time i drive it)

Try searching for your year and model on this site:

I have no idea where they're getting their data, but it looked reasonably close to me. Alternatively, you have to go to an upholstery supply house and look through every swatch book they have. It's going to be difficult or impossible to find an exact match. Automotive styling has moved on, and so have the colors and textures. I've been looking for a perfect match for bluish gray for years and still haven't found it, though I've found plenty of reasonably close or complementary options.

You can also look at the Detroit Book for your year, but they seem to have really limited listings for Toyota:

Thanks, ill look into, If i can get close to color the plan was to replace all top portions of all the doors, removing all cards anyway to put new weather stripping in

I took mine to an upholstery shop and had all 4 doors done to match. Was about $75 a door.
I was trying to do myself, but more I look into, better option might be just to have a shop do it.
Thanks for the reply

I was trying to do myself, but more I look into, better option might be just to have a shop do it.
Thanks for the reply
I added a photo. I was gonna do it myself and then was like, no way.

View attachment 3592786
What's the source on that door pocket/speaker enclosure?

What's the source on that door pocket/speaker enclosure?
Fleabay and it came out of Aussie land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom