Pull Pal? I thought that was your buddy who offers to dig you out?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't forget ... 5/8-3/4" rebar is probably structurally tougher... May cost a bit more... And would be easier to pull with a scrap of metal welded on, for the puller to grab onto.

I know the threads moved off the pull pal anchors a bit but this is a clip from a couple of years back using that style of anchor

Yeah, they're promising... Sounds like they would work for you.

I'm just not sure I can drive them in far enough to anchor them. Gonna have to try it. I can pull them with my Hi-Lift.

What are the two 150' lengths you'll be carrying? Winch line or some type of rope?

All these guys switching to synthetic rope. I've been given two new wire ropes from Warn 8274 winches. So I took them
down to a cable place and had ends put on them. One of them has a custom chain end, but certainly usable. I could use
something heavier than the T-posts I think. I've got feelers out for a Pull Pal, just can't afford it right now with everything
else.

The T posts we use on the farm are not very strong. They will bend fairly easy. They're good for what they were designed to do, hold up a fence and keep animals in or out. I personally wouldn't try them for a winch anchor.

Thanks for the heads up about the posts, that is a good assessment.
That must be a full blown competition winch! What kind of winch are you using? I've got a Warn 9500 and that distance takes about 10 minutes with mine! HaHa! I would say the thread is still on about Pull Pal. It is for sure my preference, I've got 3 weeks to find one.

Pull pal is a great anchor and sounds perfect for your situation.

I see them on Craigslist every so often. I just can't see it working in my playground.
The T posts we use on the farm are not very strong. They will bend fairly easy. They're good for what they were designed to do, hold up a fence and keep animals in or out. I personally wouldn't try them for a winch anchor.

Thanks for the heads up Ron! I'm gonna test out the large diameter rebar, with a pencil point in it.

I need to come up with some sort of anchor that can penetrate our lunar landscape.

Miners have used a similar method for eons. I'll try it with the rebar and a 3lb drilling sledge.

I'm looking and asking everywhere for used Pull Pal. I am in western Canada, so I don't want to ship from down
south if I can avoid it. That will be a last ditch, fedex thing. Not to mention $$$$!

Thanks for the heads up about the posts, that is a good assessment.
That must be a full blown competition winch! What kind of winch are you using? I've got a Warn 9500 and that distance takes about 10 minutes with mine! HaHa! I would say the thread is still on about Pull Pal. It is for sure my preference, I've got 3 weeks to find one.

I think that was directed at me, its just a standard pto winch on the front of the truck, it works well but is only considered basic entry level for comps over here and only about 1% of the speed the Malaysians get out of their god winches they make for their trucks its worth doing some searching on youtube if you haven't seen their winches in action

I'm still following the thread to see what solutions there are for winching in rock and scree conditions :)

winch.jpg

I'm looking and asking everywhere for used Pull Pal. I am in western Canada, so I don't want to ship from down
south if I can avoid it. That will be a last ditch, fedex thing. Not to mention $$$$!

You can run THIS - it will run against craigslist in all Canadian cities that have craigslist, looking for Pull-pal - I just ran it, none found. 'NEXT' will run the same against eBay and Amazon. Give it a shot.

You can run THIS - it will run against craigslist in all Canadian cities that have craigslist, looking for Pull-pal - I just ran it, none found. 'NEXT' will run the same against eBay and Amazon. Give it a shot.
Thanks, never heard of that. Works pretty good. yeah, none available. I'm asking all the local clubs now at home. fingers crossed.

I think that was directed at me, its just a standard pto winch on the front of the truck, it works well but is only considered basic entry level for comps over here and only about 1% of the speed the Malaysians get out of their god winches they make for their trucks its worth doing some searching on youtube if you haven't seen their winches in action

I'm still following the thread to see what solutions there are for winching in rock and scree conditions :)

yes, directed at you. I don't know how to do the multiple quote thing, so no big deal I guess we all figure it out.
Your PTO is certainly faster than any of these electrics. The god winches are cool, but aren't they kind of dangerous?
I'm familiar with the Gigglepin, and the big Comeup competition winches. They are scary fast!

Thanks, never heard of that. Works pretty good. yeah, none available. I'm asking all the local clubs now at home. fingers crossed.

Maybe post in the classifieds-wanted section EDIT: or mud bay....

Maybe borrow one for your trip... If you aren't moving up there...

That pull pall thing looks very expensive, mine was 35 euro from a shop that quit selling 4x4 stuff and I bought it all :meh:
The hi-lift can also push/pull so I would not pay to much and the work to bury it is often to much.

If you are really stuck the force on the cable is a lot and when the anchor is not buried enough it will just plow to the car,
really hate that because you know the :mad: :bang: :crybaby: :censor: digging starts again.

So first hi-lift and tree stumps to get the car up, then pull, pulling it out with 4 wheels sunk is a lot of force, can be done but look at the picture how deep it is supposed to be buried, needs some practice like the air jack.

Maybe it can be made by yourself? it does not need to be in a bag, just weld one and put the cables and other stuff around it in a box.

anchor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...h-Carry-Bag-/291537366988?hash=item43e0fb2fcc

I can get that style of anchor and they are a lot less expensive. But I think I know why now. If that and a
couple of posts were used that might be the trick.
I am even requesting to borrow from anyone who might own one.

I have a pull pal that I bought used from a guy out here in Dubai. We rarely travel in the desert without other cars to use as anchors, but when you need it, you need it really bad. It is a pain to use, but it works well enough to get you out. Great peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom