polishing a TuRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool, no turning back now!

Excellent!
Just curious, what do you do with that? Sell it whole or part it out?

Saves on cutting, grinding and welding. The tacoma frames were made by Dana, and they are thin and rust out like crazy, unlike the jap frames on the older trucks. You need to weld all kinds of reinforcement plates to them when you hack the IFS off. Building your own rails after you cut them off eliminates a ton of cutting, grinding of the IFS brackets and welding on those plates. Plus ill have extra clearance for my steering components.

Fxxxin right, I was beginning to worry that it would be done this year. 60 degrees in February helps the motivation too!

I have 2 ifs front ends.
Nobody wants them.
You take them to the scrap yard & get $8 each for them.

Theres alot of dumbass tacoma owners that will do 4wd conversions, going price seems to be 200 for all that s***.

I have 2 ifs front ends.
Nobody wants them.
You take them to the scrap yard & get $8 each for them.

The aisin hubs are worth money.

Geoff, what front Springs/shocks were you running?

Ome882s and ome shocks

Did you get your wiring done, Hoff?

12809531_478407242350052_7475400274463367147_n.jpg

Win

All done! Only tripped the breaker once when i hit the conduit with the wire strippers.

Oh and gumby that picture looks like what some of professionals pass off as good electrical work when im out on my audits.

Oh and gumby that picture looks like what some of professionals pass off as good electrical work when im out on my audits.

Seriously?! For frickin airplanes?!

Seriously?! For frickin airplanes?!

Not aircraft technicians. I don't deal with the aircraft technicians too much (thank god) my primary area is building and vehicle mechanics. The aircraft techs really don't too much wiring, they just replace looms with pre fabricated ones. So unplug and plug a new on in, the aircraft systems are typically a modular setup. Example: they can do a complete engine swap in 4hrs, thats from the time it rolls in the hangar until it rolls out for a run up. Its all cannon plugs and quick disconnects.

Last edited:
You were stripping the wires with the breaker still live?

I hit a live wire that was on a separate circuit in the same box and tripped that breaker.

Is 3/16s plate over kill to join the new frame rails to the factory foil ones? I need to order some plate tomorrow so i can start fabrimicating this weekend and make some damn progress on this thing.

5.29s have arrived, i need to get crackin on this mofo.

I would say same thickness as the tube you are using probably 1/8" or the 3/16" would work.

For those of you not on our 16yr girl style text string, i actually added parts to the truck last weekend. Currently trying to figure out how to plate it, its like arts and crafts time in the garage with scissors and poster boards.
20160403_143248_zpsnzmm1kt6.jpg

42" long frame rails
20160403_165924_zpsbk2ei66z.jpg

8"s of overhang up front
20160403_170619_zpspdsvnmvi.jpg

Kept it as narrow as i could up front.
20160403_165914_zpsbu3yqwzv.jpg

Everything's tacked on and hasn't fallen off yet so I'm good to go right?? I plan on finish welding evrey thing this week and getting the plates on there. I already noticed that i may run into some potential problems with the frame rails welded to the inside when it comes to mounting the shock towers, to quote a former boss of mine "we will cross that bridge when we come to it". He was a s***ty boss though.

We can always bend up some hoops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom