Parts-wanted sticky.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are depot?

I'll look in my stash of 60 parts, I had a pair of seat belts at one time that might still be kicking around.

I have that one in my stash now, it's not a runner.

It was said to have a blown head gasket as stated in that thread. It looks to me to have had a rough life before AlbertaMac got it, but may be rebuildable. It was cut out of the truck, so much of the wiring and plumbing would need to be sourced. I can take a closer look at it when I'm back home, but I think you would be FAR ahead to start with a complete FJ62 or FJ80 and source all the peripheral efi parts as well. (I'm not interested in that 62 near Lethbridge for the motor / tranny if you happened to want to pick it up and sell off the rolling carcass to recoup money)

Or pair up with someone bringing in a clean US truck to swap their diesel drivetrain into and harvest what you need.

Hey all ! I think I tried to start it but with no luck, it was so long ago ! I fugure some guys out there love the gas motors and may know them inside and out ! useless to me so I'm glad someone picked it up ! Thanks Doc !
kurt780 I can see finding one and putting one in to pass and inspection but with the milage they get wouldn't you be better going diesel ?
and a rebuild on a 3fe ? unkown how much $ it would take. Yes I was told it was a head gasket, had 166000km on it.
In heinsight I will never part a vehicle again.
ps I still have an auto trans up for grabs !!!

Hey all ! I think I tried to start it but with no luck, it was so long ago ! I fugure some guys out there love the gas motors and may know them inside and out ! useless to me so I'm glad someone picked it up ! Thanks Doc !
kurt780 I can see finding one and putting one in to pass and inspection but with the milage they get wouldn't you be better going diesel ?
and a rebuild on a 3fe ? unkown how much $ it would take. Yes I was told it was a head gasket, had 166000km on it.
In heinsight I will never part a vehicle again.
ps I still have an auto trans up for grabs !!!
Yeah im not quite decided on what to do my 2f is pretty much done for and would like some more power but nothing crazy. So I was thinking a 3fe and h55f paired with some 33s would do the trick. But I also have 5.3 vortec that I could swap in but the cost could get little high with the adapters and I'd be little torn putting in a chevy in toyota and I would be worried of how much upgrading I'd have to do down the road as far as transmission and axels with 300 horse power engine but it still in option in the back of my mind. The truck would also be driven a fair bit through out the winter so I was a little concerned with an older diesel. What diesel motors would be most suitable? Also I could potentially purchase an 1fz-fe but from what I read it'd take quite a bit work to get in. At least as much as a v8?

Yeah im not quite decided on what to do my 2f is pretty much done for and would like some more power but nothing crazy. So I was thinking a 3fe and h55f paired with some 33s would do the trick. But I also have 5.3 vortec that I could swap in but the cost could get little high with the adapters and I'd be little torn putting in a chevy in toyota and I would be worried of how much upgrading I'd have to do down the road as far as transmission and axels with 300 horse power engine but it still in option in the back of my mind. The truck would also be driven a fair bit through out the winter so I was a little concerned with an older diesel. What diesel motors would be most suitable? Also I could potentially purchase an 1fz-fe but from what I read it'd take quite a bit work to get in. At least as much as a v8?

I wheeled for ten years with my daily driver running my 3b. If you want to have fun off road I think a toyota 2f or 3b is quite enough, going to the others toyota diesel motors are a real plus but not as dependable as the 3b, though 3b's are getting hard to find with low kms !
Putting in foriegn objects like a chev or what ever might mean spending $$$$$ on up grades or repairs when the original equipment is proven !
Though many have went 3b turbo like I will be ! : )
That all said I pulled the 2f out of my fj45 and dropped in a B motor used the existing wiring and ran 12v starter and alternator. it was an easy enough exchange though I had to weld in the motor mounts.
Some thoughts on ''my budget'' now and ''my budget later'' I think I would rather do it right and have no regrets while paying the debt back then the lessor option.
I am always fighting this so don't think I have it nailed down ! lol thats why projects take as long as they do !
Just my two cents for what it's worth !
Cheers
JMac
Keep us posted. Glad you brought this back. I've got old Subaru seats in my 60, and they are nearly
done. Have you looked at Tacoma seats, or 4Runner?

anyone got a spare 1fzfe kicking around??

hmmm might be worth asking dan

im considering rebuilding one and slapping a supercharger on it or a turbo setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom