Over heated going up a steep 5 mile grade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Original radiator, likely time for replacement? We have been impressed with the performance of the TYC 1918.

Its possible, PO wasn't a pm kinda guy so I doubt the radiator was ever flushed before I got it

Depending on where/how the rig is operated, the blue hub may not be enough. If it still has the original clutch, with a little work maybe a better unit.
Figure id try a new one first, if it is still giving me issues I will do the upgrade.......im in NC.....hot but not AZ hot

I'm in NC too. New blue hub actually made my truck worse compared to the no name tiny after market fan that was in the truck when I got it.

With the new blue hub clutch [or even my aftermarket clutch] I couldn't run my AC because temps would hit 227 and shut the ac off.

After just draining oil and adding 20k fluid to the blue hub my temps stayed under about 190 even with AC on...until bars leak clogged my radiator [must have been clogged prior and bars sealed the deal no pun]. Hopefully my new Koyo radiator solves that problem.

Well my replacement clutch came in.........it is much firmer than the one on the truck so might be the culprit.....ordered a new oem thermostat too.........Saturday work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom