Heated seat wiring question? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did see some videos where an installer just cut an opening as needed for the seams and I might not need to cut it shorter after all. Also, it did include some extra "tape" so I wonder if that's to insulate along any cuts.

Tagging into this thread. I am about to get my seats recovered. I am going to get them to put some heat elements in and wire them later. Has anyone tried these Dormans?
Dorman Universal Kit
Probably the same as Amazon but at least there is a recognizable brand name attached.

Tagging into this thread. I am about to get my seats recovered. I am going to get them to put some heat elements in and wire them later. Has anyone tried these Dormans?
Dorman Universal Kit
Probably the same as Amazon but at least there is a recognizable brand name attached.
I was really considering those and maybe I should have gotten those. If you do go with the dorman, please let us know how it turns out!

Okay I got it all wired up temporarily and tested and it does work as expected. The switch activates the relay and the pad heats up. The next question has to do with how to do a clean install. Each seat has two pads. One upper and one lower and they both connect to the harness with a Y connection. My question really is about the relay. Can I run the two seat pad negatives together into the relay and ground the relay? It looks like that's what the supplied harness kind of did, but wasn't sure. I just don't have a ton of experience with relays and don't want to cause an issue by trying to clean up the wiring.

This is what I have in mind... Appreciate all the help!

1707161791125.png

Well I got the switch installed and happy to say they seem to work pretty well. They don’t get hot hot but it also might take a while. My newer cars get pretty hot but not until I’ve been driving for a little while. Still need to get the pads installed in the seats which I hear is the hard part but I am pretty pleased with this!

7CA4A806-D725-49F9-8832-605461DE666B.jpeg

05EA22E7-7878-4C4B-B363-498A86C88458.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom