Builds Out with the old and in with the new!(turboed 2h!) (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am actually pondering with the idea of selling this thing, wtf is going on? I poured so much of my time and coin in it, I'm thinking it might be too nice to just drive.. That might be part of the reason why I though no turbo.
Ther isn't one thing that hasn't been touched on this truck!

Turbo It!
Drive It!
1707885705590.png

I am actually pondering with the idea of selling this thing, wtf is going on? I poured so much of my time and coin in it, I'm thinking it might be too nice to just drive.. That might be part of the reason why I though no turbo.
Ther isn't one thing that hasn't been touched on this truck!
Live once. Who cares about pin striping? Its part of the journey and next chapter. Use it for what it was built to do.

ok, ok, ill play
How much.....

I'm not taking offers, If this ends up for sale, it'll probably go on bat with a crazy resrerve, so that it doesn't sell and I can keep it happily ever after.

Back in the rails. Now I have to lug that tcase tranny combo out the basement. Scratching my head right now, 😆
20240216_181328.jpg

Front driveshaft u's done as well! The front was a pita.
Still, went well, just timely.
Parts courtesy of Cruiser Brothers, @orangefj45 .
Thanks Georg!

Good body of mine dropped by to help me get the tcase/ tranny combo out the basement. Wow, that thing was heavy. We couldn't manhandle it, it's just weirdly shaped. Got a ladder and strapped it that just like a patient on a gurney! Managed to get it out and bolted onto the back of the motor.
20240221_190303.jpg

Last edited:
The rest of the project in now much simpler. Just bolting stuff on. I still have a bit of work under the body. But not much. Once that is on the frame, it's off to the races!

onward and upward :beer:

who puts a transmission in the basement?! 😅 I like the stretcher idea though.

Hahahah, I had the tcase and tranny separated in the garage. Upon realizing that they both needed a rebuild, I carted the crap into the basement to my work bench. Funny enough, the transmission on its own, was easy enough to carry. But after I completed the job, and had them both as one unit, I realized that it wasn't gonna be easy.
Still, job complete.

Don't you all hate it when one good thing goes bad? I wanted to replace the oil pressure switch, since mine had the wire connecting tab broken. ****en thing broke in the block. What a headache. Anyway, had to drill it out. Of course the threads got drilled as well, cause how were they not going to! Tried welding a nut over the stub that was sticking out prior to drilling.. No go. I went to lowes and picked up a 1/4 npt to 1/8 mip. Picked up a 1/4 npt thread tap and after some sweating, I was able to put this mess behind me.

20240226_121645.jpg

20240226_121656.jpg

20240226_121726.jpg

The pics show the setup prior to tightening. Also, had a piece of cloth stuffed behind the hole to try and contain the metal shavings from going in. I then vacuumed the hole, which is why oil is present. I tried photographing the threads, but, oh well.

I hope the starter does not interfere with the whole thing. The sensor is sticking out about 3/8 farther than before.

Finally got the cab back on the chassis. 8 months since it came off!! I'm gonna die an old man by the time this thing is ready.
Anyway, got a new body mount set, trying to gwt as many new parts on this as possible.

20240314_191116.jpg

20240314_191129.jpg

I have a question for you Mud folks. Shall I throw the kaymars back on, or go with factory bumpers??
What say you??

Last edited:
Guys, for those in the know, the pressure switches and expansion valves wouldn't be voltage specific, would they? I'd like to replace mine before I button up the dash. Finally figured out where my AC compressor wire was hiding. Previous owner did a hack job on the system and wired the compressor directly to a switch under the dash, bypassing the failsafe features. Regardless, in my eyes, the switch is mechanical inside, merely opening a circuit, no matter the voltage. and the expansion valve is nothing but that. LMK, thanks all.

Replacing the expansion valve and the pressure switch. Got the wiring cleaned and re-taped. Should start buttoning up the dash in a ouple days.
The evap is not as dirty as my pickup's was.
20240401_191718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom