Open sesame does not work.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Good: So I just bought the Beige Cruiser in the picture.
The Bad: The PO lost the keys and I would like to get this thing moved so I can get it home and get it running and sold or parted.
How do I get in??? Not using a brick or calling a Locksmith. I figured I would ask as I know someone has been in the same situation.

photo (8).JPG

photo (9).JPG

Haven't tired this one myself but I figure it could work on an FJ60

There is a key code on the tumbler on the passenger side lock, you can take that code to a dealer for a new key once ya get the door open. If you, or friends, have FJ's you could try and see if their keys will work

Got any old, used toyota keys? Most of mine (from an older celica, corolla, etc) were interchangeable and would work to open/start my cruiser.

60s are easy to break in to. Cloths hangers work as well as an actual slum jim. Slide it past the weather stripping.

-Nick
-D/D is a 1985 tan FJ60 with a 350 SBC TBI, ARB front bumper, Tuffy center console, Non-USA OEM Split rims, Yokohama Y735B 7.50 R16, Confer roof rack, and a box full of archaeology field work gear.

I do have a Camary key that looks similar to my current 60's key that I could try, never even thought of that.

The fact that these rigs are easy to get into and start, should motivate you to employ some anti-theft measures once you get it going. Do a search on stolen and you will see how often these rigs get taken.

The fact that these rigs are easy to get into and start, should motivate you to employ some anti-theft measures once you get it going. Do a search on stolen and you will see how often these rigs get taken.

My blue cruiser has a hidden switch, the beige one will be sold once I get it running.

I will try the string on the way home today and let you know if it works.

Just pull the upper end of the door a little out and its easy to get in with a metal wire or something like that to pull the knob up.

60s are easy to break in to. Cloths hangers work as well as an actual slum jim. Slide it past the weather stripping.

-Nick
-D/D is a 1985 tan FJ60 with a 350 SBC TBI, ARB front bumper, Tuffy center console, Non-USA OEM Split rims, Yokohama Y735B 7.50 R16, Confer roof rack, and a box full of archaeology field work gear.

I guess I'm just bad at the clothes hanger trick, but when I locked my keys in my 60 the hanger did nothing to get me in.

In 2009 when I locked my keys into the vehicle twice in one day, I cut the gasket around one of the rear quarter windows to get in.

I don't see how a clothes hanger is going to help for a 60. You have to pull up on the lock knob but they don't have any holes and are smooth, so the clothes hanger has nothing to grab onto.

Put a bend in it and wedge it between the glass and the lock knob, effectively holding it there with more force?

In 2009 when I locked my keys into the vehicle twice in one day, I cut the gasket around one of the rear quarter windows to get in.

I don't see how a clothes hanger is going to help for a 60. You have to pull up on the lock knob but they don't have any holes and are smooth, so the clothes hanger has nothing to grab onto.

All I did was make a hook in the wire just long enough to go into the little space between the window and the knob. When you pull on the wire the hook the cuts into the little divot in the tab of the lock mechanism and voila! It's open.

-Nick

Well, I did not need to try any of the above because the key from my dads early 90's camary opened it like it was the original key. I will try the ignition tomorrow's I didn't have time today mess around today, just glad it is sitting in a yard between my home and gym. lol

Put a bend in it and wedge it between the glass and the lock knob, effectively holding it there with more force?

All I did was make a hook in the wire just long enough to go into the little space between the window and the knob. When you pull on the wire the hook the cuts into the little divot in the tab of the lock mechanism and voila! It's open.

That's a wonderful idea boys! Works, too!

wire a spare to some where under your rig. OR as previously mentioned use anything shaped like a toyota key to open and start your car and your set

Well, I did not need to try any of the above because the key from my dads early 90's camary opened it like it was the original key. I will try the ignition tomorrow's I didn't have time today mess around today, just glad it is sitting in a yard between my home and gym. lol
Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom