OEM Brake rotor on the shelf? Favor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone has an OEM brake rotor for the late 80's. and had a flat surface, a straight edge and some dial calipers. I have about 6 measurements I would love to get and possibly pictures. Thanks!

Front or rear?

No one has a new or "old" rotor laying around?

Just need a few measurements. Said I wasn't going to bother with it, but I would like to start looking at bigger 2 piece rotors.

Worse case scenario I can just buy the $22 rotor on Rock auto for the measurements. lol.

I have a set at home but it will be Sunday night before I'm home

Well may not be as much of a help as I had hoped. Dangit. The rotor is rusted to hell. Not 100% sure if is oem as it was what was on prior to me putting on oem. But here's the numbers anyway...maybe will be able to use to compare to someone else.

Rotor thickness. 32mm
Brake track width. 54.5mm (I am assuming is braking surface on inside of rotor)
Hub opening. 65mm
Hat diameter. 172mm
Hat height from rotor. 26mm
Hat thickness at lugs. 17.6mm

Used rotor so some numbers may vary on new. Sorry I was not as much help as desired.

1435975285209.jpg

No that is a great start!

I would love someone to verify but I also have one question.

The hat thickness at the lug holes, are you measuring the thickness of the material or the width of the "flange" where the holes are? I would need the thickness of the material there.

Thickness of the metal. Basically the depth of the hole. I put a caliper on inside and measured that thicker chunk of metal where bolt goes in.

If you have to source custom hats for off the shelf rotor rings, I'd be interested in some hats if you have to buy a quantity to make it feasible.

Do you still need dimensions? PM me if you do. I should have whatever you need...

@Golgo13 I would love to have you double check the dimensions!

If you could verify the new stock thickness. The GT-R uses a 390x32.8mm two piece rotor so that could be the replacement.

Just so people know what I am after. I am looking at doing a 380-400mm two piece rotor. I would like to find one that has the same width and brake track as the stock 80 rotor. Then it is just a matter of having a hat made and an adapter to move the stock caliper 1/2 the distance that the new caliper is larger.

By going from the stock size to the 390mm you gain 34% more swept area. Should help in just about all braking situations. But will very likely not fit with a 16", 17", or maybe even 18" wheel.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...placement-disc-hats-nissan-1213-p-156416.html

Alcon
Rotors-02.jpg

Racing Brake
d216-07-381-01-2.jpg

Last edited:
@scottryana Sorry, I'm just getting this now... I'll get you something on Monday.

Not sure how you feel about Wilwood products, but they have a few hats in Chevy 6 lug pattern, might get lucky (they are pricey though, like $300 each).

I have no problem with Wilwood and that would be awesome but I think the chance of finding a hat that would space the rotor ring in the right spot might be tough but thats why I am starting to gather some data. If I could find an off the shelf mix and match that works I would be very happy.

And really $300 isn't bad, I doubt getting a 9" chunk of solid aluminum and then having it custom cut will be at least that.

first set of numbers from above second set my measurements. but again don;t know if these are OEM or not. but where in good shape no rust changed out with slotted rotors when I rebuilt the front end

Rotor thickness. 32mm 31.75mm
Brake track width. 54.5mm (I am assuming is braking surface on inside of rotor) outside to outside 58.9mm
Hub opening. 65mm 105.04mm??? same as wheel Hub Diameters
Hat diameter. 172mm 172mm
Hat height from rotor. 26mm
Hat thickness at lugs. 17.6mm 17.7mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom