Newbie here in need of some advice.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off this is a awesome forum and I'm glad I ran across it while I was searching for info on FJ-60's. I just bought this 85 Fj-60 4 weeks ago and love it.

I did notice a exhaust leak a couple day's ago and was wondering if there is anything I can do myself. I really have never worked on cars other than changeing my oil. I do have
some tools just not the know how. If I were to take it to a shop how much cuold I expect
to spend on a exhaust leak? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
By the way I am in the Winston Salem,NC Greensboro,NC area.

Thanks,

Michael
landcruiser3.jpg

where is the exhaust leak?? at a seal?

Is your truck parked on a carpet inside an office building or am I seeing things :confused:

Yes, doughnut is a cheap fix at a shop or nearly free if ya do it yourself :banana:

I suppose it could be a dealership showroom but, I've kinda forgotten what civilization looks like.

Thanks for the prompt response guy's. I'll take it by a muffler shop vs. mechanic.

The pic by the way is in a showroom. The place I bought it from kept it inside.

Michael

Welcome to the board and good luck with the doughnut.

Great looking rig, welcome to the board.

Thanks, for the kind words guy's. The fever already has taking over. I'm looking at a new suspension and bigger tires.

Michael

Nice man, what'd it cost ya and where do you live ? Things are high in Northern VA ! Damn it.

I paid $6350 for it. :D Which I thought was a pretty good deal but what do I know? It has 133000 miles on it. I'm located in Winston Salem, NC.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom