New Years Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep we're hard on pitman arms around here. I hear its pretty common but seems a bit odd that the only two I've seen broken have been in the last year in nearly the same location

I bet the river is up now!!!! :)

The case is larger and better internals... The CS144 is one of the best GM alternators out there. I've done a lot of reading on that. As I recall the CS130 suffers from heat damage.

The CS144 is a totally different case design...

Read around on this site... (one source of info)

http://alternatorparts.com/cs130d_cs144_trk_suv_upgrade.htm

I think the cs130 suffers from about everything. The 144 is bolt on with only a belt change? Wire harness the same?

The road going in is closed and a couple feet under water. I dont think a snorkle would help.

I think the cs130 suffers from about everything. The 144 is bolt on with only a belt change? Wire harness the same?

belt is different and as I recall you need one connector with the jumper harness. I'm setup for the CS144 OEM style alt, but I've been running a single wire CS144 ever since the engine swap and have been waiting for it to die or I get motivated to swap in the spare CS OEM Style CS144 Alt I have as a spare.

Look at the bottom of the web page I referenced....all different types of CS-144 setups along with some wiring adapters (but those adapters are setup for a GM vehicle). As I recall there is a standard type connection and then there is there is one connector that is different between the two. I would have to go dig up my old CS-130 alt to make sure.

I bought my single wire CS144 from the same company and I've never had any issues with it charging...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom