New to the Pig Family; Looking for glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! Just got my first Pig and am looking to make it a daily driver. She's ready to roll right now, but I'm missing the rear glass. It's a '78 and it's the "roll-up" glass from the tailgate. I've been searching for some time with absolutely no luck...I think my next option is just going to a glass company and seeing what they can do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Tried uploading pics, but having some challenges

Thanks

DSC_0452.jpg

Man, I've got a couple in my shop that are not being used. Shipping would be a problem though. Problem with the glass companies is they use thicker glass than Toyota did. I replaced all my glass with new and had some problems with the door glass.

Shipping... I really don't want to spent the time to build a wooden box to ship one to you, if you find a way to pick it up, you can have your choice. Free!

Question for some of the guys...Is the later models the same as the older ones, 78 verse 71

Wagon looks good.

Wow...thanks man. Might have to plan a road trip!

I'll look into it and see if all the rear glass is the same size...I've gotta think they are

Man, I've got a couple in my shop that are not being used. Shipping would be a problem though. Problem with the glass companies is they use thicker glass than Toyota did. I replaced all my glass with new and had some problems with the door glass.

Shipping... I really don't want to spent the time to build a wooden box to ship one to you, if you find a way to pick it up, you can have your choice. Free!

Question for some of the guys...Is the later models the same as the older ones, 78 verse 71

Wagon looks good.

And this is what makes me smile after watching all the B/S in news.......there TRUELY are still good people out there!!!!

I don't know about all of that, but I do know Bob hasn't talked to my wife yet. :)

If it comes to it, I found some left over pieces of beaded board that would make a very sturdy crate for the glass.

I'm already talking to my wife about a weekend getaway to romantic St. Louis...with one stop on the way. Look like about a 7hr drive for us:steer:

Problem with the glass companies is they use thicker glass than Toyota did. I replaced all my glass with new and had some problems with the door glass.

Wagon looks good.

For real? I had a glass company cut me a 40 windshield from flat stock and it fit fine. I don't remember the thickness.

Tailgate glass in a Piggy is nice and flat as well...

The new glass isn't tempered and is a little thicker. problem comes in with the roll up windows and fitting the track. Windshield and cargo glass fit fine.

I have a piece of tailgate glass that did not fit my '69. I have to believe that there are differences in glass size for different years, don't ask me what years. The size difference was not much, but it was enough.
I solved the problem by having a piece made by a place that does hot rod glass, tempered and safe. It wasn't that expensive. We are spoiled in Socal with access to the car culture stuff.

Ran part numbers and it looks like everything superseded to the newer part number. So according to Toyota they are all the same from 1969-1980.

We have one here in Washington but that is more then a 7 hour drive.

Sighi, I just picked up some parts from a buddy's place. Got a hood, couple of doors, front grill, rear glass, some side glass. All in good condition. I could get some pics if we can make sense with the logistics.

Got her home and cleaned up some. Threw in a batter and ran some non-ethanol fuel through her, she ran like a champ! Idled great!

image.jpeg

Big Thanks to Scrapdaddy! I made the road trip up to Dittmer, MO, and he hooked me up with some rear glass for our PIG. He's got some great toys and an amazing Fj55!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom