New Owner 2016 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up my 2016 Thursday and my first Toyota product, I can honestly say this feels extremely solid and exudes quality. I am coming from Tahoe's / Yukon's . Very Happy! Fully Dealer serviced every 5k miles and No rust :)

20231221_162708 (1).jpg

You made the right choice.

Congrats. Great looking truck. Is that the Terra interior?. Didn't realize Canada got the 200 series.

Congrats. Great looking truck. Is that the Terra interior?. Didn't realize Canada got the 200 series.
No it’s black. Can tell from pic. Also Terra interior had black headliner. Black leather did not.

Black on Black, no longer in Canada, I officially immigrated in 2020 . Permanent resident now in Florida.

Thanks
Mike

If you're like me, you might be looking around for accessories for your new rig. I have two recommendations:

1) Rear hatch LED light that fits in the blank panel on the interior trim. I love the amount of light that it puts out. It's worth every penny, and is very well integrated in my 2021 (I have the power hatch lift, so your mileage may vary a bit).

2) CravenSpeed Gemini Phone Mount. This mount attaches to the dash using a hole behind the switch blanks below the steering wheel, and uses friction rather than adhesive or screws to attach to the dash. It's fully reversible, looks OEM, and is a great way to get around our ancient in-dash technology by using your smartphone for navigation / music / etc.

Both of these accessories are awesome adds for your 200.

Congrats! I recently picked up a 2016 and have been impressed with the build quality of the 200 over GM, Ford, others.

Congrats!

If I were you I’d double check that the recirc flap works as intended.. dealers are notorious for breaking them. And any time yours goes in for service lock the glove box and keep the key blade with you.. only sure-fire way to avoid it being broken.

Congrats!

If I were you I’d double check that the recirc flap works as intended.. dealers are notorious for breaking them. And any time yours goes in for service lock the glove box and keep the key blade with you.. only sure-fire way to avoid it being broken.
“Dealer” is @bloc ’s recirc flap PTSD trigger word. The fear is founded and real.

“Dealer” is @bloc ’s recirc flap PTSD trigger word. The fear is founded and real.
Hey if they didn’t break like 50% of our trucks I wouldn’t be so diligent about the PSA.

And I’m not making that number up..

Dumb question from a newbie on the forums, what is the PSA about the recirc flap? Thanks!
Simply put, if you open the HVAC filter door and lift the flap without putting the system in Recirc, you break the mechanism. It’s very frequently done by non-trained service people. Here’s one long thread on the issue.

Superb. My 200 was my first toyota as well, and it's been a blast. Great vehicle to me so far, since new in '18, and hope yours is great to you.

Congrats! That thing looks so nice I'd be afraid to get it dirty!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and the info, again I am thoroughly impressed with the overall quality of this vehicle.
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thanks
Mike

Congratulations. I bought my 2016 in 2018, coming from a Chevy Tahoe. I loved the Tahoe when new but at 120k miles it drove like a bucket of bolts, rattles everywhere, things breaking, and it burned a quart of oil every few months. The LC is night & day better. My 2016 drives like a new vehicle. Maintain it & it should be good to you for a long time.

Simply put, if you open the HVAC filter door and lift the flap without putting the system in Recirc, you break the mechanism. It’s very frequently done by non-trained service people. Here’s one long thread on the issue.

Thank you, sir, for the explanation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom