New Key Replacement (Flip Key Style) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone is looking for a flip style key, I just received this one from Taiwan. Key was cut by usings photos that I sent the seller and it works perfectly. The only downside, if you want to call it that, is that the new flip key is longer than the OEM style key. You can see in the first picture that the flip key is about 1/2" longer than my OEM style key. This doesn't affect usability, but it just feels a little weird compared to the OEM key. The flip key feels solid and the material feels alot sturdier than my old plastic OEM key fob. It took about three weeks to receive from Taiwan. The seller offers a few other styles of flip keys and also offers keys for 2003-2007 LX470's.

00.jpg
06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
I tried this before but quickly went back to OEM style.

there are two issue with this key.
1) it stands out much longer compared with OEM key fob. when the steering wheel goes all the way back for easy entry position, it is little bit tricky to remove the key.
2) the immobilizer chip on the key will have longer communication distance to the sensor. I found sometimes it will have "crank no start" when you turn the key. if you found hard time start the engine, be sure change out the key first to diagnosis.

However my previous one was in another style. maybe you will have no issue with this style.

Or you know, support a 100% American product that doesn't "feel weird", respects legally protected trademarks, pays American taxes, ships to your door in 1-5 business days and is guaranteed for life.

Something like this, perhaps...

1708493207964.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom